1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Haven't Pulled The Trigger, Yet.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by androidrage, Dec 5, 2009.

1. androidrage

androidrage New Member

I'm 68, a real estate broker, and have not yet decided to go with the Droid. I'm a PC guy, and have used Pocket PC, as well as Windows-based smart phones.

I love the ability to carry all my personal and business files (many hundreds of them) with me, and to edit them. Most of them were created in Microsoft Office.

I use Microsoft Outlook for managing my life, as well as for my e-mail client.

I'm in the process of deciding if I can adapt the Droid to my work habits... or whether I should adapt my work habits to the Droid.

I may ask lots of (dumb) questions, and I'm not bashful. Will read the FAQ and other resources before I bug you guys and gals.

I am fascinated by the Droid, with its advanced technology and features.

(Just noticed that I started every sentence with "I"... not good, but I don't have time to edit. I'm not really a jerk!)
  2. ldimick

ldimick New Member

I am not that far behind you. I like the droid because it is closer to a computer than the other Smartphones. The iPhone is a very nice appliance. Since you like computers I suspect you'll be very happy with a Droid.
  3. androidrage

androidrage New Member

Glad to know that I'm not alone. Will be trying D2G to see how it performs. I used it years ago, on my first Palm PC. Heed to see the "look" and the "feel".

Email doesn't seem to be much of a problem, but calendaring, contact and task management are crucial to me. I still need to be using MS Outlook at the office, and Droid in the field... with frequent syncing.

Good luck to both of us!
  4. Stigy

Stigy New Member

Welcome to the forums!

Hopefully the information provided on this site can help you reach a conclusion on the phone and if you do purchase it can help you with any problems you may encounter with it.

Its a great phone and Android is a great platform!