Haven't Pulled The Trigger, Yet.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by androidrage, Dec 5, 2009.

1. androidrage

androidrage New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm 68, a real estate broker, and have not yet decided to go with the Droid. I'm a PC guy, and have used Pocket PC, as well as Windows-based smart phones.

I love the ability to carry all my personal and business files (many hundreds of them) with me, and to edit them. Most of them were created in Microsoft Office.

I use Microsoft Outlook for managing my life, as well as for my e-mail client.

I'm in the process of deciding if I can adapt the Droid to my work habits... or whether I should adapt my work habits to the Droid.

I may ask lots of (dumb) questions, and I'm not bashful. Will read the FAQ and other resources before I bug you guys and gals.

I am fascinated by the Droid, with its advanced technology and features.

(Just noticed that I started every sentence with "I"... not good, but I don't have time to edit. I'm not really a jerk!)

2. ldimick

ldimick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not that far behind you. I like the droid because it is closer to a computer than the other Smartphones. The iPhone is a very nice appliance. Since you like computers I suspect you'll be very happy with a Droid.

3. androidrage

androidrage New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to know that I'm not alone. Will be trying D2G to see how it performs. I used it years ago, on my first Palm PC. Heed to see the "look" and the "feel".

Email doesn't seem to be much of a problem, but calendaring, contact and task management are crucial to me. I still need to be using MS Outlook at the office, and Droid in the field... with frequent syncing.

Good luck to both of us!

4. Stigy

Stigy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forums!

Hopefully the information provided on this site can help you reach a conclusion on the phone and if you do purchase it can help you with any problems you may encounter with it.

Its a great phone and Android is a great platform!