Have you bricked?

dbetterred

Reaction score
First post! :)

Wife and I are planning on Droids:motdroidvert: next month when our current contract expires.

I'm anxiously looking forward to playing around with mine, I'm sure the wife won't let me touch hers. Ha!
My first question is: Who has actually bricked their phone? I know it is a possibility but, in reality, how common is it?

I'm pretty sure I'd be grounded if I stoned the new phone.:icon_evil:

warrior21

Reaction score
I honestly never heard of someone actually bricking their phone. Welcome to the forumdancedroid

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have completely killed my phone countless times, however with SP Recovery you can always get it back and pumping. Welcome and enjoy!

OP
D

dbetterred

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. I can't see rooting being that popular if a bunch of people were killing 500 dollar phones.

V

verian

With SPrecovery and all the help you'll get here at DF, I would say its nearly impossible to brick your phone. Just read instructions fully and start slow. I think it took me half a day to finally get all the info and actually try to root my phone. Now I can't stop in fact I actually try to mess up my Droid now just to get a better idea of some mistakes others make.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you plan on hacking your device then make a backup. Out of all the "bricked" phone thread 80% were from flashing a rom with a weak battery, and 15% were from not wiping data and cache between roms. All the phone issues were able to be fixed with recovery or worse come to worse sbf recovery.

OP
D

dbetterred

Reaction score
Verian, I went to high school in Howards Grove. Nice to see someone from the home town area! I live in Rhode Island now.

V

verian

I don't think I could ever leave Wisconsin. I love the weather and sports teams to much.

OP
D

dbetterred

Reaction score
NFL Sunday ticket fixes one problem and the weather is similar here (not as cold though). And I am totally addicted to saltwater fishing. Afraid I won't be able to go home now. But your right, there is nothing like being where you grew up.