1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Have they changed the keyboard backlighting?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Fuzzball, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Fuzzball

Fuzzball New Member

I have a small, but annoying hardware problem with my D4. VZW keeps sending me a CLNR and the keyboard backlight on it is dimmer and more yellow than mine. This CLNRs have other obvious problems, but the keyboard backlight is the first thing I check before bothering to peel the stickers and there's an obvious difference.

Personally I refuse to accept a replacement that is in worse condition than mine that is about three months old and in practically new condition. I feel like they get these defective phones in, throw on a new shell, and send them on out without actually doing a full QA check. The reps at VZW tell me these come directly from Moto after going through a 100 point inspection; sounds like someone is getting lied to.
  2. 4low4fun

4low4fun New Member

Nope. Mine still works the same as when I bought it the day it came out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Eclipse 1.2.5c
  3. Theron

Theron New Member

If I recall, the update to ICS changed how the backlight behaves (i.e. it doesn't turn on and off immediately because of the light sensor) I believe it's just a longer delay between high/low light and keyboard backlight off/on.

So this doesn't' really answer your question, but I figured some more info can't hurt.