Have they changed the keyboard backlighting?

Fuzzball

Reaction score
I have a small, but annoying hardware problem with my D4. VZW keeps sending me a CLNR and the keyboard backlight on it is dimmer and more yellow than mine. This CLNRs have other obvious problems, but the keyboard backlight is the first thing I check before bothering to peel the stickers and there's an obvious difference.

Personally I refuse to accept a replacement that is in worse condition than mine that is about three months old and in practically new condition. I feel like they get these defective phones in, throw on a new shell, and send them on out without actually doing a full QA check. The reps at VZW tell me these come directly from Moto after going through a 100 point inspection; sounds like someone is getting lied to.

4low4fun

Reaction score
Nope. Mine still works the same as when I bought it the day it came out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Eclipse 1.2.5c

Theron

Reaction score
If I recall, the update to ICS changed how the backlight behaves (i.e. it doesn't turn on and off immediately because of the light sensor) I believe it's just a longer delay between high/low light and keyboard backlight off/on.

So this doesn't' really answer your question, but I figured some more info can't hurt.