Have not seen 4G once yet, and I live in a full LTE-covered area...

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I called Samsung tech suoport and the guy told me they have received many calls about the issue. So i am sure they are aware.

I will give them till the end of the return period to fix it. I cant be stuck with this. Ill go back to my Thunderbolt that blew the Nexus signal away.

Glad you called them and they are aware of the problem. Hopefully they'll be on top of it and with this suppose patch of 4.0.3 coming out within the coming weeks it will fix the issue. Overall its a solid phone. If they can fix the signal issue. This phone will kick ass.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
This sums up my experience perfectly. After swapping out my first phone today it is the same.

I feel they are all this way but most are blinded by wanting it for two months.

So you are in an area that should be covered fine like me but have not seen 4G once? That is my situation.

I have not had another 4G phone here or nearby to look at to check the area's coverage on it, so I am not sure if my lack of 4G is normal or not. Also, the Verizon LTE map search seems very specific since I can literally search my address. It shows full blown coverage all around me. Can it really be that inaccurate? I doubt it.

I wish someone could just tell us why. Clearly not everyone is having these issues with LTE or their GNex, according to many posts.

Dadroid08

Reaction score
This sums up my experience perfectly. After swapping out my first phone today it is the same.

I feel they are all this way but most are blinded by wanting it for two months.

Mines not like that,mine works perfectly and I'm not blinded by anything...

MrKleen

Reaction score
Not exactly. I have had 4g briefly but problem is simply horrible signal.

I had a thunderbolt and had good signal and 4g.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Mines not like that,mine works perfectly and I'm not blinded by anything...

Then you are very lucky. I envy you since im on my second phone with poor signal. As i type this i have no signal... zero bars of anything. On wifi ...

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Do you have wifi reception when not getting 4G? It seems to be a feature that wifi switches to 3g to save the battery.

Just moved offices and we have a signal problem in the building. No one has more then 2 bars but everyone drops calls repeatedly. I show 0 bars and have not dropped a call yet. I was walking to the break area and someone stopped me to say you can make calls? I wasn't even thinking about it. I am going to go out on a limb and say the signal indicator just reads low. On 2 bars of 4g I get 15mbs connection.

devildog9999

Reaction score
Do you have wifi reception when not getting 4G? It seems to be a feature that wifi switches to 3g to save the battery.

Just moved offices and we have a signal problem in the building. No one has more then 2 bars but everyone drops calls repeatedly. I show 0 bars and have not dropped a call yet. I was walking to the break area and someone stopped me to say you can make calls? I wasn't even thinking about it. I am going to go out on a limb and say the signal indicator just reads low. On 2 bars of 4g I get 15mbs connection.

I am beginning to think the same thing. Although I still have not seen 4G (spotty area) even with 0 bars I have not dropped a call or even dropped to 1X.

???

Reaction score
mine is crap here here in tampa too, but all ive heard is issues about every 4g phone thats come out. my girl's bolt she complains all the time about 4g sucks,

hers has gotten better after like 5 updates to fix the radio, but from the little ive compared my nexus to her bolt. mine might show a bar less in some places and yesterday at a local mall, i was pegged 4bars and she was flickering between 3 or 4.

lte 4g just sucks and they havent figureed it out yet. this phone works better on 3g than.
n my d1 did on wifi. youd have to pry this nexus out of my hands right now. if you say youre going back to your bolt or a gimicky razr, you are lying to yourself just like we all did talking leaving verizon over the 2 month delay. i just lock mine in 3g while im out and and the battery lasts all day too.

i believe updates will come, and i damn sure wont be stuck with a razr or rezound for 2 years either way. man my girl's bolt is a brick of a phone. never noticed while i had the d1. but 2 days with a nexus and wow

oh and i dont need an app to reply here now. browers is on point

305rev305

Reaction score
Has anyone notice a lag on the recent apps software button? It happens on mine only when it's full of recent apps... I need to know cause I'm about to exchange it for another one

dbol

Reaction score
I thought my phone had an issue with 4G. I couldn't get any 4G lock around my house nor close to my office. But this weekend I happened to get 4 bars of 4G all weekend long when I went to a friend's house about 10 miles from me.

I suggest you call Verizon and ask them if you get 4G in your area (down to the address). They have more accurate maps than the ones they show online for you to look at. They can tell you precisely where the 4G markets start and stop, down to the street. My house falls in a 2 mile stretch of non-4G coverage.

I did get my SIM replaced at a Verizon store, and received the same results. Perhaps some of you *think* you should be getting 4G, but in reality, you happen to be in a small hole where 4G coverage lacks. Call and ask before exploring anymore options.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I thought my phone had an issue with 4G. I couldn't get any 4G lock around my house nor close to my office. But this weekend I happened to get 4 bars of 4G all weekend long when I went to a friend's house about 10 miles from me.

I suggest you call Verizon and ask them if you get 4G in your area (down to the address). They have more accurate maps than the ones they show online for you to look at. They can tell you precisely where the 4G markets start and stop, down to the street. My house falls in a 2 mile stretch of non-4G coverage.

I did get my SIM replaced at a Verizon store, and received the same results. Perhaps some of you *think* you should be getting 4G, but in reality, you happen to be in a small hole where 4G coverage lacks. Call and ask before exploring anymore options.

Yes your signal will be different based on location. However this is not the solution to all our problems

Many of us are replacing a 4g phone with our Nexus. So we are very familiar with the coverage we should have.

I am hoping software will fix it though. I am not focused on the bars, but I do focus on the signal numbers. In my home now I am at -120dbm.

dbol

Reaction score
Yes your signal will be different based on location. However this is not the solution to all our problems

Many of us are replacing a 4g phone with our Nexus. So we are very familiar with the coverage we should have.

I am hoping software will fix it though. I am not focused on the bars, but I do focus on the signal numbers. In my home now I am at -120dbm.

Have you tried replacing your SIM card? Some have claimed they've found results when having it swapped. I'm currently at -93dBm.