Have anyone figure out how to root an Incredible with 2.2 yet? Thanks.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! I can vouch for that!! :dancedroid:

Thing is though, even without rooting an Android to me it works amazingly well. I mean compare any of the Droids to one of the dinosaur cellphones that looked like walkie talkies back in like the 80's, 90's, or whatever. Lol

True, but once you get a taste of these custom roms and the features some of them offer, you cant go back! Trust me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

lsdozer

Reaction score
I am so mad at myself for blindly accepting the update while I was activating my new "toy":cus:. I bought the Incredible because it has a large amount of custom roms available, including CM and MIUI, My two favorites, and I go and screw myself in the first couple of minutes that I have it!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't be! Its not going to make the ROMs come any faster. Patience young grasshoppa! :)

I am so mad at myself for blindly accepting the update while I was activating my new "toy":cus:. I bought the Incredible because it has a large amount of custom roms available, including CM and MIUI, My two favorites, and I go and screw myself in the first couple of minutes that I have it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

tigerdango

Reaction score
Ha I'm sure. I'm much too lazy though and don't have the time to mess with rooting a phone. Maybe I will try eventually and see for myself. :)

lsdozer

Reaction score
I found a way to root after taking the OTA update.......I returned the phone and got a new one:)

Screw the update!

lsdozer

Reaction score
First I called tech support and said phone had rebooted once and was force closing, they just had me do a factory reset because they thought it was because of apps in the market. This of course didnt help my problem!

So I waited a day and went into the store and told them about the factory reset, but it was still randomly rebooting, and I wanted to switch it out for a new one.

The whole time I was acting like I was sorta in a hurry, because I didnt want the vzw guy to accept the update if he activated the phone, but lucky for me, he says "did you accept the OTA update that was recently pushed?" Of course I said, yes. So then he says "that is your problem, the update causes problems with some of these Incredibles. My girlfriend had an incredible since day one with no problems, but as soon as she accepted the update, she started rebooting at least once a day":icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

He says dont take the update because it is causing the problems, and I am thinking to myself - Buddy, you dont even know!

barbee

Reaction score
Can't you just ruu back to 2.1 and root from there?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

tigerdango

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken it won't let you go back to an older Android version...Unless you did a factory reset.

OP
C

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
First I called tech support and said phone had rebooted once and was force closing, they just had me do a factory reset because they thought it was because of apps in the market. This of course didnt help my problem!

So I waited a day and went into the store and told them about the factory reset, but it was still randomly rebooting, and I wanted to switch it out for a new one.

The whole time I was acting like I was sorta in a hurry, because I didnt want the vzw guy to accept the update if he activated the phone, but lucky for me, he says "did you accept the OTA update that was recently pushed?" Of course I said, yes. So then he says "that is your problem, the update causes problems with some of these Incredibles. My girlfriend had an incredible since day one with no problems, but as soon as she accepted the update, she started rebooting at least once a day":icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

He says dont take the update because it is causing the problems, and I am thinking to myself - Buddy, you dont even know!

Wow, lol..........Nice.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
VERY much so!! Alot of people get stuck in their own ways and aren't open to learn anything new...that's ONE cause. If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything!

Speaking of tech support and all, has anyone noticed how crappy in general it's getting these days?

DroidForums junkie!

tigerdango

Reaction score
Yeah. But tech support now for a lot of places treat you like you're an idiot. Like for example you might call...Say...Microsoft for help with your Xbox 360. Say for instance the CD drive is not working. Well they will probably, as an example, tell you try stupid things with it ("Try turning your console on and off." WTF.) and/or giving you a very, very hard time about getting another one, and even then from what I understand it would be a refurbished one. Not to mention tech support from a LOT of places is outsourced now, so you might get a Saudi Arabian, Chinese, or something named "Fred." Lol.