Have anyone figure out how to root an Incredible with 2.2 yet? Thanks.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2.2 is fully rootable. The most recent OTA, however, closed the root exploits so if you accepted it you need to wait a day or two until unrevoked releases the latest version of the root tool.

OP
C

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
Well, after many failed attempts and trying on 2 different computers. Unrevoked root didn't work.......I'm guessing that last update I got pushed might have something to do. I will try again later.

OP
C

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
2.2 is fully rootable. The most recent OTA, however, closed the root exploits so if you accepted it you need to wait a day or two until unrevoked releases the latest version of the root tool.

You are right. I will wait for the update from Unrevoked.

tigerdango

Reaction score
What is the whole purpose of rooting anyway? Like hacking the phone?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
C

Cobraxxx

Reaction score

Just think of the unrooted phone as using a "limited user" account on your laptop as of being the "administrator". More customization power, over clocking your processor and that sort of thing.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

It allows you to load a larger variety of applications, allows the use of the wireless tether application available from the market to avoid the Verizon mobile hotspot, enables the installation of custom roms and themes and generally makes the entire phone accessible to work with.

If you're not necessarily technologically inclined, I'm not sure how much I would recommend this as you can definitely cause trouble in relation to your phone. But if you are somewhat capable, I would whole heartedly recommend rooting to really open up what your phone can do.

xstakx

Reaction score
Same here I finally decided to root my dinc last nite and it would figure lol I tried several times till I found out .......I can't wait for unrevoked upd....I figured they would already have it.......oh well I know it will be very soon

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Think of a house with a basement. All of the things that make the house operate are down there (circuit breaker, water heater, etc) but the door is locked. Rooting unlocks the door.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

lsdozer

Reaction score
Im worried that Unrevoked cant find a work around. I am tempted to go back to my D1 for the time being. I really miss MIUI with the pull down power control and the lockscreen.

tigerdango

Reaction score
Thing is though, even without rooting an Android to me it works amazingly well. I mean compare any of the Droids to one of the dinosaur cellphones that looked like walkie talkies back in like the 80's, 90's, or whatever. Lol

lsdozer

Reaction score
Thing is though, even without rooting an Android to me it works amazingly well. I mean compare any of the Droids to one of the dinosaur cellphones that looked like walkie talkies back in like the 80's, 90's, or whatever. Lol

True, but once you get a taste of these custom roms and the features some of them offer, you cant go back! Trust me.