Have any size specs been leaked?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm 100% in agreement on all points. A mini Turbo would be awesome. Keep the PPI, reduce the screen size and resolution, smaller battery, but don't reduce RAM, processor or GPU, same cameras and they'd have a killer phone that would take the market by storm.

I'd be more than content with 1080p and the rest of the specs the same. I'd pull the trigger on a 4.3" display but hoping it gets bumped to 4.7"

evleaks posted back in July there were two codename devices out there, both on the Snapdragon 801 and he claimed one was the Maxx/Ultra successor and the other the Mini.

I'm convinced a Mini 2 or Turbo Mini is coming. Question is will it indeed have the same specs as the Turbo?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'd be more than content with 1080p and the rest of the specs the same. I'd pull the trigger on a 4.3" display but hoping it gets bumped to 4.7"

evleaks posted back in July there were two codename devices out there, both on the Snapdragon 801 and he claimed one was the Maxx/Ultra successor and the other the Mini.

I'm convinced a Mini 2 or Turbo Mini is coming. Question is will it indeed have the same specs as the Turbo?
Let's hope you're right.

cyberlizard

Reaction score
FWIW, I scaled some of the recent pics (aren't they all) of the phone and have consistently come up with numbers like 5.66" x 2.88". Haven't had any pics that really help to scale the thickness. Overall looks to be a touch larger overall than the Moto X2's 5.54" x 2.85" dimensions.

"Officially" looks like it comes in at 5.65" x 2.89" - pretty darn close to what I scaled from pics (practically breaking my arm trying to give myself a pat on the back here!). Definitely bigger than I would like, but that is a lot of screen real estate and hardware for a phone that size.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Officially" looks like it comes in at 5.65" x 2.89" - pretty darn close to what I scaled from pics (practically breaking my arm trying to give myself a pat on the back here!). Definitely bigger than I would like, but that is a lot of screen real estate and hardware for a phone that size.

Nice info.

Thanks!

Here's the official specs;

Motorola Droid Turbo specs review - feature-packed Android goodness

5.64in (143.5mm) x 2.88in (73.3mm) x 0.32in (8.3mm) at the thinnest point to 0.44in (11.2mm) at the thickest point, and weights 6.20 oz (176g) .

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The more I read about the Turbo's specs, and the fact it's a Moto device, the more I rethink my choice in the z3v so far.

Gonna be a tough decision to make when that day comes...
Dezy, the day is here and quite frankly the turbo is a beast. The choice has gotten tougher for you I believe.

(Dezy fdring and packing up his Sony to take back to Verizon).

Dezy, don't forget to put that charger in the box.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Dezy, the day is here and quite frankly the turbo is a beast. The choice has gotten tougher for you I believe.

(Dezy fdring and packing up his Sony to take back to Verizon).

Dezy, don't forget to put that charger in the box.
I don't even have the z3v yet...still on the s4....

I'll definitely check it out. Maybe take some time before work tomorrow and stop by Verizon to check out the Turbo. Gonna be a tough decision.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tomorrow?

Don't you mean Thursday?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
5.64in (143.5mm) x 2.88in (73.3mm) x 0.32in (8.3mm) at the thinnest point to 0.44in (11.2mm) at the thickest point, and weights 6.20 oz (176g) .

I have to check it out. 24% bigger than my Rezound...But I am definitely a fan of hardware buttons, and the 64gig option makes it more appealing sans SD.

But I know I'd kick myself endlessly if a mini came out in a month or two (especially if it had SD!)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Same size as the maxx really.. I held one today... Now who wants to touch me?? Lmao.. Southpark the movie... Anybody?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nice looking phone!! Now i just need to find a way to convince the misses that I "need" one, even though I just bought my Maxx 3 months ago.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have to check it out. 24% bigger than my Rezound...But I am definitely a fan of hardware buttons, and the 64gig option makes it more appealing sans SD.

But I know I'd kick myself endlessly if a mini came out in a month or two (especially if it had SD!)

Mini possible, removable SD, not likely.