Have any of you had this happen????

Discussion in 'Team Chaos' started by dlwhtrose, May 27, 2010.

1. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33
    Okay so I posted this in the Hacks section but have had no response and I am totally baffled.

I am trying to root my husbands replacement Droid. I get it rooted, have superuser permission and at that point can boot into recovery. But, once I download ROM Manager I can't boot into recovery again. It stops at the M and sits there until I do a battery pull. I've tried everything I can think of and no matter what once Rom manager is installed the phone won't boot into recovery from Rom manager or by me holding the x while powering up.

I have not seen this before. My Droid is rooted and I rooted his first Droid both successfully.

I have even put it back to stock to see if I missed something and the same thing happens. I finally had to put it back to stock so he could go to work.

Anyone have any suggestions or seen this???

One thing that I just thought of is once a ROM zip is installed from the SD Card is it still on the card or do you have to put it back on there??? I had also tried to install a rom from the sd card while I was in recovery and it said that it could not find a file. This is his original sd card that has everything loaded on it from before his other droid died.

2. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not positive about this, but I thought I saw Cyanogen or someone tweet that they've seen instances of CM corrupting the recovery image... so, I have to wonder if that is the case. You might try reapplying the Clockwork (or SP) recovery image from within Rom Manager... Again, I'm not sure though if that is your issue. If you have terminal emulator on the droid, you can also reflash the recovery image from there as well.

3. dlwhtrose

Ratings:
    +33
    You know now that you say that it did seem to "hickup" or temporarily freeze when I flashed ClockworkMod.

If I was to flash from terminal emulator do you have the steps to do so or know where I can find them. I have not really dealt the TE yet.

Thanks for your help.

4. ViciousCircle

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, first you'd have to find a recovery image to download.. I don't have any links handy atm... but, once you do that, the rest is pretty easy.

Copy the recovery image to your SD card (I'd just stick it in the root). Lets say the file is called CMrecovery.img

Next in TE, you could type the following:

su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/CMrecovery.img
    reboot recovery

Making sure to hit the enter/return key after each line above. My guess is that the above would work... the key is finding an img of the recovery file you want to use.

If I find one, I"ll post back with a link.

5. dlwhtrose

Ratings:
    +33
    Thanks Vicious, I really appreciate your help. No rush on finding the link. I won't be able to work on his phone until tonight anyways as he has it with him at work.

6. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I can post a recovery image. Hang on.

7. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
  8. dlwhtrose

Ratings:
    +33
    Sweet. Thanks guys for helping me out. I was working on this until after midnight last night and was pulling my hair out.

9. dlwhtrose

Ratings:
    +33
    Okay, just wanted to give you all an update. I downloaded a fresh download of RSD Lite, SPRecovery, update, rom and gapps. I also remembered to clear ROM Manager's cache. I am happy to report that all went well and my husband's Droid is now rooted, running 1.3.1 with red rum theme and his Alabama live wallpaper. He is a happy boy!!!! Thanks again to you all for helping me out.

10. ocholoco

ocholoco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm glad to hear everything worked out for you. but can i say my favorite part is that YOU rooted your HUSBAND's droid....most of the time you hear the guys say they rooted their ladies' phones or are trying to convince them to let them root it.

rock on!dancedroid

11. ViciousCircle

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome dlwhtrose, you deserver a dancedroid

12. dlwhtrose

Ratings:
    +33

Hahaha, yeah I am the computer geek of sorts of the family. He is the local motorhead!! I guess that makes a good pair (at least it better after 19 years). :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: