Have an Issue, Stock Phone, None Rooted (not hacked) Help Is Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman15000

Reaction score
Droid wifi connection actiontec gt701-wg gateway.

Ok I have the droid x that I successfully connected to my actiontec gt701-wg gateway. With wep security . The wifi light is on I got t ip address full signal strength and my two lap tops are working fine but the droid will not display web pages or connect to market or do anything online when connected It though wifi. I could log onto the wifi at mcdonalds and at my friends house who has a lynksis router with wep protection. It worked fine at both places but wount display anything through my actiontec. Please help

easye

Reaction score
This might have popped up somewhere already, but the Maps app that came stock on my Moto Droid constantly forces close, or the phone is at least displaying the message repeatedly. Its intermittent (sp?) enough that I can still use the phone, but its incredibly frusturating. Tried restarting, removing battery, switching launchers...please help!

Graikos

Reaction score
moto droid 2.1 sluggish and sporadically unable to access internet

Hello, thank you for this thread.
My Droid is getting sluggish and I am sometimes unable to browse the web. By sluggish I mean things like, while texting with the pop up keyboard I have to wait while typing because the letters appear slowly in the text body. The internet problem is intermittent. I do not have a ton of Alps and I have plenty of storage. When the web page starts to load the Google loading bar stops at a quarter load and I get wabpage unavailable. It just happened a minute ago. I have a full wireless connection. I do have a poor connection through Verizon though. I do not know if this will be a factor but weatherbug kinda craped out the day before yesterday. I was getting an error so.I uninstalled it. I tried to reinstall it but it still didn't work. I hope I didn't confuse things by writing all of this but I wanted to add all the info I could think of. Thanks for any help

cmodyssey

Reaction score
Updating Google Maps

Hi,

I have a un-rooted, un-modded Motorola Milestone running Android version 2.0.

With this phone, I am no longer able to upgrade the Google Maps app. It's now down at version 3.2.0.

When I go to the Android Market and search for "google maps" or "pname:com.google.android.apps.maps" it does not show.

Any chance I could have some advice on a method to get the latest google maps app with the least amount of impact on my phone please?

Many thanks in advance,

Richard.

monocyte

Reaction score
Persistent low memory

My motorola droid constantly says I'm low on memory -- my husband has the same exact phone, with many more apps, and has never had this problem.

Can someone walk me through the basics on deleting what shouldn't be there, or how I'm possibly storing things wrong? It seems every few text messages I get or pictures I take sends me over the edge...

I'm very un-technical...a stay at home mom of 2 can't quite get her mind around this phone!!

cawty

Reaction score
how do i install that new droid 2 wallpaper. i have dwnld it to my computer but how do i get on to my droid and where do i put it on my droid pls help?

dn_brdy

Reaction score
Music player problem!

Droid X, 2.1-update 1, Bone stock-unrooted.
When I hit a song to play in stock player it says "Sorry, player does not support this type of audio file. It worked yesterday and now it doesn't. Downloaded Zimly to see if it would play songs and it won't either. These are songs that I have on my pc that I transferred via V Cast Media Monitor. They show up in my new play list screen. I tried rewriting over the songs and they still won't play now. Is there some way that the format the player looks for can change?

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
are these issues being fixed thru PM ? i dont see many answers posted here.

jcford75

Reaction score
Photo Gallery

I installed Launcher Pro on my X. I love the launcher but lost the photo gallery that was on my original setup/ home screen. Can someone tell me how to get that back? Is there an app on the market that will do the same thing?

The pic in the link is what I am trying to recover.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/motorola-droid-x/#3080645

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if it was a widget, then long press and look for the photo widget.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I installed Launcher Pro on my X. I love the launcher but lost the photo gallery that was on my original setup/ home screen. Can someone tell me how to get that back? Is there an app on the market that will do the same thing?

The pic in the link is what I am trying to recover.

Motorola Droid X - Engadget Galleries

That's the Photo Slideshow widget.

You probably know how to reads widgets, but just in case. Long press on your homescreen, select widgets (not launcher pro widgets), select photo slideshow, select the picture you want to start with.

Be sure you have a 4x2 space available.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok......This thread is all over the place. If you have an issue or question please start a new thread. We don't want people's questions getting buried in one thread.

Z1llverdusttt

Reaction score
My friends Droid X keeps deleting her stuff on her SD card and restoring itself to factory settings. Anyone have any ideas? :O

freddy

Reaction score
i have a droid x and i put my favorites and recent call widgets in the trash> how do i retrieve them?

Status
Not open for further replies.