hating ICS

turnpike

Reaction score
so i'm fed up with ICS...i don't like the changes it's made, i'm tired of having to replace all my app in the "dock bar" every other day:angry: and most importantly i REALLY do not like being disconnect automatically from my data in the middle of a transfer and i REALLY REALLY hate:mad: :mad: how i get disconnected from 3g while my other phone still on previous edition has full bars. it makes no sense..

there HAS to be a way to go back..i didn't even want to new program in the first place but i hit it by accident while i was typing in an address while i was in maps..

how to i go back to the previous edition...ICS sucks

can anyone help?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Factory Reset your device and start over (you will still be on ICS).

Your problems are not a feature of ICS and look more like an issue of an in-place upgrade of the OS conflicting with configurations of your previous OS and settings.

98% of all issues that occur from an in-place OS upgrade can be resolved with a Factory Data Reset. Data dropping, replacing apps in the "dock bar"....those specifically should be resolved.

You will have to setup the phone so it will take you a while to download all your apps again, setup your homescreens, etc.... but it will resolve the issues you are complaining about.

There is no way back to Gingerbread.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
OP
T

turnpike

Reaction score
first off i already did a factory reset and afterwards is when i started having all the issues..i find it hard to believe with the technology that is in these phones that going back to gingerbread is out of the question...if i can do it on my computer why can't i do it on my phone? this is ridiculous that these updates are being forced upon us and we are not given the choice as to if we even want them or not

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Did you do a fdr before or after ICS? The problems you mention are not a feature of ICS or a complaint of ICS. They are most likely a conflict between old settings with new. You can try to clear partition cache from your recovery menu. That may work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
T

turnpike

Reaction score
it was completed after ics per verizon tech support...it took me like 3 hours to reset-up my phone...i don't want to have to go through all that again

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
With the clear partition cache, you won't have to re-do/restore your set up but it may solve your problems. Depending on what Verizon did when they did the fdr, it could be the problem but if clearing partition cache doesn't help, we can help you do your fdr so it its done with the most success.

moset

Reaction score
I never did an FDR, only cache partition wipe. It worked wonders for me. I wiped app cache and data for any apps causing problems as well. It's a good idea to reboot daily also. As for data drops when you reboot leave the phone off for about 10 minutes when you reboot to clear the radio. Are you in a 4G fringe area? You can also get an app to set 3G only, but that had not been a problem for me. GPS location fix was very slow for many. GPS doctor in play store works wonders for that. I'm hoping for a maintenance update soon though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Good grief, I've been very reluctant to
go ahead with the ICS upgrade seeing
all the complaints.

=^ .". ^= Still on Gingerbread

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Good grief, I've been very reluctant to
go ahead with the ICS upgrade seeing
all the complaints.

=^ .". ^= Still on Gingerbread

I felt the very same way, trust me! As recommended by by MANY on this forum, I did the following:
- Saved contact info. with Backup Assistant+.
- FDR before and after downloading ICS.
- Manually reinstalled all my apps.
- "FoxKat" battery battery cycle (see below).

Charging cycle (every 2-3 months):
1. Power off.
2. Charge to 100%.
3. Power on.
4. Use to "Low Battery Warning" 10%.
5. Repeat steps 1 thru 3.
6. This procedure properly calibrates the battery meter.

Since upgrading to ICS, I have never looked back! I have seen a huge improvement in battery life, fluid screen use and OS. Don't have any reservations.

While the OP is having issues, I have noticed this is not the norm and, hopefully for the OP, will be resolved.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
What he said ^^^ ! Right on target cmdrstp!

OP
T

turnpike

Reaction score
i am on a fringe area and i'm already using LTE on/off. it's weird because it works for a few days then bugs out with dropping data..

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I use juice defender, and have it set to turn data off when the screen is off

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

digrega

Reaction score
And they sayid Microsoft was bad looks as if this OS was created by the same people. "POS"