Has your phone ever stopped calling for about 10 minutes??

kbayer

Reaction score
Weirdest thing... pulled into a gas station, woke up the Droid to call my wife, tapped the screen in all the right places, but nothing. Tried to manually call, dialed ok, but nothing. Dead silence. I hit "end" and it beeped. Tried again, same thing.

Browser worked, maps worked, everything worked but the telephone.

Tried *228, it worked.
Tried to call wife's cell, then the home phone, but no luck

Got back to work, and everything's normal again. Working great.

A true "WTF" moment.:icon_eek:

Any ideas?

A

assmunke

I had that happen to me once, all i could think of is that it was using the data connection in the background or something and it couldnt call out until it was done

HwnDroid

Reaction score
I haven't experienced this one either. All that happens to me is that my GPS keeps searching for satellites when I don't use Nav for awhile. I just power down and up again and it works fine.

cathleen

Reaction score
this happens to my phone many times...i switches it off and again on it after a while it again start work....

asmallchild

Reaction score
Weirdest thing... pulled into a gas station, woke up the Droid to call my wife, tapped the screen in all the right places, but nothing. Tried to manually call, dialed ok, but nothing. Dead silence. I hit "end" and it beeped. Tried again, same thing.

Browser worked, maps worked, everything worked but the telephone.

Tried *228, it worked.
Tried to call wife's cell, then the home phone, but no luck

Got back to work, and everything's normal again. Working great.

A true "WTF" moment.:icon_eek:

Any ideas?

Had it happen twice, really ticked me off

Fixed with a battery pull

I guess it comes with the territory of complex phones

Still much better than my old storm

PatrickM

Reaction score
Yes this has happened to me quite a few times as well. But like others have said it's so much better than life with the Storm (at least one battery pull a day!)

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
This happened to me last night. I got back in car and had missed calls. I tried to call anything, vm, return the call, even text but the dialer would not load and even gave me a foce close screen when it sat. Battery pull or power cycle did nothing. It continuted this way until i drove about 10 miles. Then it just started working again. I had internet, and showed signal the whole time. It would be stuck on the contact screen or the dialpad or notification screen and it would not respond. any Ideas?

OP
kbayer

kbayer

Reaction score
Went back to the scene of the crime (where I was parked yesterday) just to see if there was something weird or a dead-zone in that particular location. Made a test call and the phone worked 100%
Sunspot, maybe?
UFO blockage?