Has this question even stumped the hackers too?

samiusmc

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to edit or remove services that are displayed when the "share" option is selected in the Android OS? For example, when viewing a web page, I decide I want to share it. I select the "share" option and a list of sharing options appears prompting me to "select an action". Included in the list are Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Twidroid, etc.

I am rooted running Bugless Beast 7.4. How do I access the list of sharing options in order to shorten it by removing services I don't use such as Delicious or Twitter?

I asked this yesterday and nobody has answered it. Come on guys, help a brother out!

Your help is highly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Last edited:

deputc26

Reaction score
This has not been done or attempted to my knowledge.

Scribble

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to edit or remove services that are displayed when the "share" option is selected in the Android OS? For example, when viewing a web page, I decide I want to share it. I select the "share" option and a list of sharing options appears prompting me to "select an action". Included in the list are Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Twidroid, etc.

I am rooted running Bugless Beast 7.4. How do I access the list of sharing options in order to shorten it by removing services I don't use such as Delicious or Twitter?

I asked this yesterday and nobody has answered it. Come on guys, help a brother out!

Not sure about a "hack" to change it, but I believe it's populated by the installed apps...

On mine the only twitter app I have is twidroid, so that's the only twitter share option I have listed.

I think if you don't use them, uninstall the twitter and delicious apps and they'll disappear from the share list.

If you DO use the app and just don't want it to show on the share list... I don't have a solution. :-/

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score

Not sure about a "hack" to change it, but I believe it's populated by the installed apps...

On mine the only twitter app I have is twidroid, so that's the only twitter share option I have listed.

I think if you don't use them, uninstall the twitter and delicious apps and they'll disappear from the share list.

If you DO use the app and just don't want it to show on the share list... I don't have a solution. :-/
I don't have a Delicious app. It shows up as @Delicious. I also get @Twitter, @Facebook and @Twitter. After those 3 are listed, I get the installed apps such as Handcent and Twidroid. How do I remove the @Delicious, @Twitter and @Facebook if they aren't installed apps? I can't simply uninstall them.