has this been done

titos

Reaction score
I was on leaked 2.2 spf to 2.1 then ota to 2.2.
That being said I rooted just fine, then in the middle of deodexing my pone shut down and would not boot. So iI used tbh's sbf hot me running, then I rerooted and did a clockwork recovery to my original leaked 2.2, considering I used a 2.2 sbf to get back up. would it still brick the phone if I do the original 2.1 spf

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you used recovery to go back to leaked 2.2 after going to ota 2.2?

OP
T

titos

Reaction score
you used recovery to go back to leaked 2.2 after going to ota 2.2?

so did I worked great but now I did a clockwork recovery to get my settings back to where I started with my original 2.2. At this point would it be safe to use 2.1 spf

Last edited:
OP
T

titos

Reaction score
Be honest I feel more comfortable restoring my phone to stock 2.1 then do the 2.2 ota. Then again I'm curious if it would work, maybe thats why I'm continually tweeking on this phone as a hobby

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Be honest I feel more comfortable restoring my phone to stock 2.1 then do the 2.2 ota. Then again I'm curious if it would work, maybe thats why I'm continually tweeking on this phone as a hobby

yea me too.. can you tell? lol

4freese

Reaction score
No. It will still brick your phone as the keys are different. The 2.2.15 leak was just system files if I remember right. If you did OTA you have to use TBH 2.2 sbf to fix system files if themeing or rom's go bad. I see guys on here using leaked 2.2.15 to deodex but the manual way is so easy. You can download the folders and put them on your sd card and deodex with adb shell.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk