1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Has Droid Development Hit a Plateau?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pbdroid, Apr 27, 2010.

1. pbdroid

pbdroid New Member

Over the last month or so seems like custom rommery is more rehash than additions. Has the Droid's custom development/hackability hit the wall? If not, please weigh in on what we might see coming in some of the next releases.
  2. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Not really. There is still alot that can be done with the ESE81 source to tweak and refine it to work better on the Droid. This will take quite some time though. Also with Froyo coming out Google is sure to submit changes to the AOSP that can be looked at and played with and incorporated as well. It is all a matter of time though as there are finite resources working on this.
  3. loop4zil

loop4zil New Member

I got the feeling that allot of the ROM development was driven by leaked ESE5* and ESE81 builds. Everyone was anxious becuase VzW and/or Moto were delaying the release of the 2.1. Everything is calm now that we all have access to stock 2.1 and that ESE81 build has been tricked out to the max.

But I know what you mean...it seemed like the big ROM factories were pumping out updates every day.
  4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Well maybe that means everyone's working on the next wave of greatness...:)

have yall checked out ZeusDroid's ROM? I havent installed it but from what I seen in videos....this thing is gonna be huge.
  5. bL33d

bL33d New Member

Ya pretty boring of late only Rom coming out that I am excited for is zeusdroid but who knows when that'll come out.

Prob have a working incredible port first. :p
  6. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

I don't think it's a plateau. Hopefully it's a shift. Take the N1 or other android phones. There are a few roms, then themed roms built from those. It comes down to themes. We here in the motodroid community are so much larger than the rest, we are too separated. Everyone is doing their own thing. We still don't even use the standard CM clockwork recovery as a whole. Once everyone accepts that is a way to go, you can import all of the N1 themes you see out there on xda or wherever.

That being said...yes there is a stalling point. We have had 2.0 and 2.1 longer than anyone. I think the best thing comign now is the desire rom. Or if someone tries to bring blur or the xperia(1.6, lame) over. I am not really sure where else it can go. The 2.2 sdk is supposed to release in less than a month so that will bring on new fun.
Search tags for this page

can i use droid razr on plateau

plateaunewhome.vzw.com