Has anyone waited forever, finally got the phone, and been let down?

rsarno

Reaction score
Wondering if the phone is not everything some people thought it would be?

3-4 weeks of anticipation can very easily lead to over-hyping it to yourself. It happened to me with the BB Storm on first release lol

So, anyone?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well your phone tag says you have a Droid...what you're going to be getting is a faster (stock) phone with Sense UI and a better camera. Don't expect much more.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
Well your phone tag says you have a Droid...what you're going to be getting is a faster (stock) phone with Sense UI and a better camera. Don't expect much more.

oops, i returned the moto droid. Im on a blackberry curve 8330 right now (EWWWW!!!)

EDIT, my dInc is expected by 8/02

mach330

Reaction score
the biggest thing for me was the weight and how much lighter it is. it's also very smooth even if you have tons of apps in the background.

dyrosto

Reaction score
Newegg

Ordered my DINC on Monday from Newegg for $150, it arrived today and I'm pretty happy with it. I went back and forth between the DINC and the X and decided on the incredible Sunday night when i read about the one click root. I haven't rooted mine yet(first android phone), I want to get used to it first. But as my first smart phone I can say that I'm amazed with it so far. The only con i've noticed is the battery life is pretty dismal, but I've read that they are making oem batteries that in the 3000 mah range(i might be incorrect on this) and that they should have a battery that doesn't increase the depth of the incredible eventually.

ffej89

Reaction score
I went today to the verizon store to check out the X and compair it to the Inc. Over all the X seemed a little flimsy to me. The screen jumped from screen to screen very quick but that was all i liked better. The couple photo's i took were better with the Inc. and overall i like SenseUi better. I like the 4.3" screen for size but screen quality goes to the Inc. IMO. What does everyone else think

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I loved the Droid X and my time with it. But I gotta say the Droid Incredible seemed better to me. Sure the Droid X has a better processor and loaded apps up like nothing. But the Droid Inc. seemed so balanced and felt great in my hand and a wonderful experience.
So in short, you won't be disappointed with the Droid Incredible. Great device once you work around the battery..

Threefifty

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from a blackberry storm, I enjoyed the storm when it worked but i had to do at least 4 battery pulls a day because at points it would be so slow i couldn't answer a phone call. I've had my Droid Incredible for a good month now, and I'm still being impressed by it everyday, the internet on a good 3g signal or wifi is like surfing on my computer, the abundance of apps is on the ridiculous side and the term battery pull doesn't even apply to the Incredible. My only complaint with the phone is the Facebook app, blackberry has a one up on the Droid in this department. The storm would automatically receive notifications as they happened while the Droid i have to manually refresh or wait for the specific refresh time to occur (mine is set for every hour). Even though I hate to say it, i hope in the future android comes out with a Facebook app like the iPhone's. But this one little gripe is no reason to deny the Incredible's incredibleness :)

RyanPm40

Reaction score
The only let down is the battery. Besides that, I have zero complaints about this phone!

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
i hope in the future android comes out with a Facebook app like the iPhone's.

I AGREE 1000%!!! I actually never even used facebook until i tried the iphone app, which was flawless and amazing! Then i went to blackberry, and that app sucked compared to iphones, so i stopped using it and now just use the mobile site.

jnmilli352

Reaction score
Android is alittle behind on the Facebook app I just use the site in the bookmarks widget. I also get notifications through text or email which u can set up on your Facebook profile.