Has anyone tried to sue Verizon over "unlimited" data plan not being unlimited?

countrygirl23

Reaction score
I have 10 more days before they recycle the bill and I have used 3.411 gbs of data so far. My husband proably used the same amount.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

lhn5

Reaction score
Lose your unlimited plan

Careful I was trying to buy a Droid 3 from Costco's online site and there is no mechanism there for KEEPING the grandfathered unlimited data plans you can keep with a store purchase at Verizon. At costco phone is 100 dollars less with free case etc.

lhn5

Reaction score
bogo

OK now I can buy one get one free but what can i do with the free one? this is useless to me no one else in my family would consider a new phone right now.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
well that only makes sense....you're not buying verizons phone through verizon, you're buying it through a 3rd party who charges less and has to negotiate with verizon for supported plans. I wouldnt let you keep it either if I was VZW.

Just goes to show that sometimes paying more now does give you more in the long run....I guess. (its still shifty practices to me :p)

lhn5

Reaction score
grandfather

Actually VZN customer service was surprised that I was running into that problem. When you buy from a 3rd party like Costco you are still keeping your same Verizon service and plan. I guess Costco has lower costs or accepts lower margins.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Careful I was trying to buy a Droid 3 from Costco's online site and there is no mechanism there for KEEPING the grandfathered unlimited data plans you can keep with a store purchase at Verizon. At costco phone is 100 dollars less with free case etc.
Unless they're putting you on a whole new contract, you should be grandfathered in.