Has anyone tried Bugless Beast 7.4?

Axios

Reaction score
The only thing I miss was being able to shift to landscape on home screen without sliding out keyboad but eh no biggy. I noticed 0.7.4 runs fast and smooth even at 550mHz so I am very impressed. At 950mHz it is simply blazing so may dial back to 800 just to save a little more battery.

Mine is still doing that on 0.7.4, though I would LOVE to turn that off. It's more of an annoyance than a feature to me.

M

Matth3w

What's the issue you are having with the news and weather widget? I love that widget and if 7.4 ****ed it up, I'm not going to upgrade.

It was taken out and has to be downloaded separately, but several people were having trouble installing the apk. I found a Terminal fix on another forum:

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system
busybox cp /sdcard/download/GenieWidgetGlass.apk /system/app/GenieWidget.apk
chmod 755 /system/app/GenieWidget.apk
sync
reboot
It's now working perfectly for me.
If I already have it from other versions, is it going to auto-uninstall it or will it keep it with the update.zip version?

jcardona1

Reaction score
just installed a few minutes ago. so far so good. i really like the pinch zoom in google maps :)

jasonb

Reaction score
damn, another update already???? i just put 7.3 on last night. i think i'll hold off for a little bit.

M

Matth3w

What's the issue you are having with the news and weather widget? I love that widget and if 7.4 ****ed it up, I'm not going to upgrade.

It was taken out and has to be downloaded separately, but several people were having trouble installing the apk. I found a Terminal fix on another forum:

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system
busybox cp /sdcard/download/GenieWidgetGlass.apk /system/app/GenieWidget.apk
chmod 755 /system/app/GenieWidget.apk
sync
reboot
It's now working perfectly for me.
Thanks, I did this and it worked flawlessly.

luckeysin

Reaction score
Should I first upgrade to 2.1 then upgrade to this ROM, or is this ROM 2.1? im confused, coming from blackberry world..and hybrids, and stuff....

M

Matth3w

Read the links in my sig and you should understand a little more.

Axios

Reaction score
Luckeysin, definitely start with Matth3w's links, they answer a LOT of the most common questions. There's a TON of resources in the hacks forum that help too. I've been lurking here since I got my Droid a couple months ago, and just decided to root and go to Bugless Beast last night. The stuff posted here is invaluable when you're learning how to do everything.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing I miss was being able to shift to landscape on home screen without sliding out keyboad but eh no biggy. I noticed 0.7.4 runs fast and smooth even at 550mHz so I am very impressed. At 950mHz it is simply blazing so may dial back to 800 just to save a little more battery.

Mine still shifts to landscape on Home? That's very weird........I installed the nandroid file just to have a fresh start though

But this is the BEST one yet......to me anyways, I love it. For some reason it seems to run smoother and more snappy than any of the previous versions from Pete.....it's a BEAST, lol, but seriously this is my favorite so far. And multitouch in Maps has been a dream of mine for a while now so its awesome to have that prayer answered finally, lol, as soon as I heard about the OTA for the Nexus last night I said "well, give it about 12 hours and we'll have multitouch Maps from Pete in a new version tomorrow" and guess what? Pete never fails to deliver!! lol

M

Matth3w

SO If I want [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7.4 (2/3/10) to my droid,
First, I have to root my phone.
Second, pick one of these installation below.
Method 1. Update.zip Installation Info & Instructions (No Data Loss):
Method 2. Nandroid Backup Installation Instructions:

or can I go directly to [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7.4 (2/3/10) from stock phone?

Thanks.
Sort of, but there is a little more to it than that. You need SPR installed. Check out the first link in my sig it should set you in the right direction.

dredge

Reaction score
my gallery keeps FCing damnit, make me do battery pull

INFERNO

Reaction score
mine runs great, even beter ....but I miss the landscape home screen.