Has anyone started getting appointment calls from BB yet?

halo0

Reaction score
They called me at about 6:30 this evening. Going in at 11:30AM. He didn't say how many they were getting but I was preorder number 3. :D

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
So are we all going to be putting up pictures of our new phones tomorrow? Things could get a bit redundant around here if that happens. I may take pictures of me and the Droid playing in the sandbox, riding around in the car, swinging on some swings...stuff like that.:biggrin:

Inundated

Reaction score
I surprised myself, but this is the route I took. Went in tonight, did the pre-order, and have a noon appointment to buy/pick up/activate the thing.

She (the manager) assured me one would be set aside with my name on it. I was also able to get her to commit to the NE2 discount (!), which means it'll be $149 out the door, no rebate/debit card waiting required.

I don't know what number I am, appointment wise, but noon was the earliest she had.

Inundated

Reaction score
Oh, I know they have some stock...60ish Droid boxes were in the cabinet behind the mobile counter, when she opened up the door behind her. That doesn't count whatever they have in back, if any.

I tried to get her to toss me one of the boxes tonight, but she wasn't buying :D

romeov

Reaction score
I've called Best Buy twice, and... they never even picked up the phone.

Never.

Not just in the mobile phone dept or anything, I mean the entire store.. they just let it ring for 10-15 minutes at a time and ignore it completely.

Wtf?? I feel real confident in my pre-order now.

halo0

Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen. Seems common with some stores. :confused:

ckidwell

Reaction score
I was pre-order number 2 and I'll show up about 15 minutes or so before the store opens. If I am denied a Droid in the morning I will go crazy!

Inundated

Reaction score
The manager who wrote up my pre-order says she'll be there at noon when I come in. I made her promise like 6 times that there would be one set aside for me. :D

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
The manager who wrote up my pre-order says she'll be there at noon when I come in. I made her promise like 6 times that there would be one set aside for me. :D

Did you get her to pinky swear on it? If not, then it doesn't really count.

OP
jcstarr

jcstarr

Reaction score

Did you get her to pinky swear on it? If not, then it doesn't really count.

I just wanted to be JUST annoying enough so she would not forget me the next day. :D

I did the exact same thing... repeated over and over and over that I would have a phone right? Right? Right? They set me up for 9:30, second appointment, but I am showing up at 9 just to be sure. I am cautiously confident. :blink: