Has anyone rooted the DX Yet successfully?

droidx2010

Reaction score
There are many vids on utube on rooting the droid X using an apk app or some other form of program.

Has anyone been successful in rooting the phone? If so, do you have a good site I can go to for this?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your looking to root the hard way?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

markmicallef

Reaction score
There are many vids on utube on rooting the droid X using an apk app or some other form of program.

Has anyone been successful in rooting the phone? If so, do you have a good site I can go to for this?

Use z4root, get it here

BodyBagz

Reaction score

How do you mean "the hard way"? Easier is better.
You have 103 posts on this forum...and you cant seem to decipher how to root your Droid X? You ask this almost a full year after the phone came out...:icon_eek:

Follow these steps to root your Droid X...

1) Google search "z4root"...download and install it, open it and click "Perm Root"...wait 2-5 minutes until the phone reboots. If it starts to "hang" or "freeze" or generally set and spin when trying to root...pop the battery out, reboot the phone, and repeat running the z4root application...done!

A

abn75

Wait you mean we can't root our DX????? Damn.

Seriously, z4root.

Sent from my Gingerbread DX

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
z4root is the easiest way to root your phone. It is a one touch application that will do all the work for you. There is a harder way I will have to dig up the instructions though.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score

You have 103 posts on this forum...and you cant seem to decipher how to root your Droid X? You ask this almost a full year after the phone came out...:icon_eek:

1) Google search "z4root"...download and install it, open it and click "Perm Root"...wait 2-5 minutes until the phone reboots. If it starts to "hang" or "freeze" or generally set and spin when trying to root...pop the battery out, reboot the phone, and repeat running the z4root application...done!
Exactly my point. Don't feel like searching all the threads & I don't care to brick the phone.
I want to see if anyone has had any probs getting this done. If there's a big risk of bricking, i don't care to chance it. Besides my malware detected a potential security issue when i tried to download this.

Have you had any problems?

Last edited:

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Z4 is the easiest thing ever, 1 click.

It's fun to just root and go but you really need to follow directions to a T. I would read up, that's what I did.

If you follow all directions and download all apps, it's darn near impossible to brick. If you skips steps and go trail blazing, who knows what will happen.

Knowing is half the battle.

droidgt

Reaction score
Check out z4root tutorial video here
[video=youtube;WEg59w0mIms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEg59w0mIms]YouTube - Droid X Z4 root Tutorial (easy one click root any 2.2 froyo android) FREE APP[/video]

Jiibus

Reaction score

Exactly my point. Don't feel like searching all the threads & I don't care to brick the phone.
I want to see if anyone has had any probs getting this done. If there's a big risk of bricking, i don't care to chance it. Besides my malware detected a potential security issue when i tried to download this.

There's a big, fat stickie titled "Droid X Hacking Guide(s)". So what about reading the first post is hard? Hell, you just have to google "Droid X Root" and BAM it's right there.

Let me google that for you

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
soo - I got the app loaded & also loaded the android wifi tether. I thought there was more to it. pretty cool.
My laptop shows the wireless connection but I'm unable to connect to the internet. I ran diagnose problems & i get a message to shut down the router & turn back on. I still get nothing.

Does anyone have this problem? I thought the laptop would automatically use this connection for connectivity but I get nothing.

Last edited:
OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score

There's a big, fat stickie titled "Droid X Hacking Guide(s)". So what about reading the first post is hard? Hell, you just have to google "Droid X Root" and BAM it's right there.

Let me google that for you
you're a funny boy.