Has anyone rooted and deleted bloatware?if so what happened?

drunkmonkey79

Reaction score
Been deleting like crazy...

Like I mentioned in the title, I've been deleting all the bloatware off my Bionic with no problems at all. What all did you guys delete that bricked your phones?

yiannis

Reaction score
can you tell me which ones you froze that doubled your battery life, I have just bout have all on the list froze and my battery is no better any input would be nice...

Was being optimistic. Essentially forcing LTE, and the apps that use it (social networking, skype and facebook etc) off means no battery consumption while the screen is off. With the extended battery I have enough juice for the weekday, the weekend days remain a problem, w/o video chat/streaming I get 6-7 hours of heavy browsing, games and testing etc. Video streaming will give me about 3-3 and 1/2 hours to full discharge. I use the Bionic as a mini laptop these days.

I don't know which apps specifically because I froze them all together.

camaro1173

Reaction score
Was being optimistic. Essentially forcing LTE, and the apps that use it (social networking, skype and facebook etc) off means no battery consumption while the screen is off. With the extended battery I have enough juice for the weekday, the weekend days remain a problem, w/o video chat/streaming I get 6-7 hours of heavy browsing, games and testing etc. Video streaming will give me about 3-3 and 1/2 hours to full discharge. I use the Bionic as a mini laptop these days.

I don't know which apps specifically because I froze them all together.

question when you say essentially forcing lte what do you mean by it.
thanks

dberthia

Reaction score
OK, so I deleted a few apps before I was enlightened on the freezing option. Is it a fact that the OTA update will fail without these, or is it speculation? If I want to take the update and need to re-acquire and re-install these apps, what is the best way to do so? Do the versions have to match exactly, or will the latest versions do?

Here's what I deleted:

Amazon Kindle 3.0.2.71

Blockbuster 0.9
CarDock 1.0
City ID 1.1.17
GoToMeeting 1.0
Slacker 3.0.535
Swype 3.21.87.27685 (I updated this to the latest beta version)
V Cast Media Manager 4.4.1.0
V Cast Music 03.72.110
V Cast Tones 4.5.11
V Cast Videos 5.72.008
VZ Navigator 7.2.0.353

Last edited:

Cinoib

Reaction score
I am rooted. I froze VZ Navigator with Titanium Backup. I was unable to run Speedtest from app market. I unfroze vzn. Speed test is up and running.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

johnaferraro

Reaction score
I have a droidx2 and have deleted quite a bit of bloatware..I think I may only have 3 or 4 pre loaded things on my phone....and I just realized today that Titanium back up could have froze them and done the same thing and now i cant update my system cuz of the missing bloatware....smh...so Im trying to figure out how to get the right bloatware back to do my update....heres what I still have on my phone...hope it helps....Actually, now that I look at my phone...I dont have any apps that are exactly verizon....lol....I think theyre just droid apps....here they are
Files
Latitude
talk
tasks
voice commands
voice search
quick office
rich location
navigation
places
files.
I dont have any apps that start with VZ at all. Or that have the verizon name in them..

dberthia

Reaction score
If anyone has deleted system apps and wants them back, you can use the Bionic system dump I found here:
[Download] DROID BIONIC System Dump.

Move the apk files to /system/app and change the permissions to match the other system apps.

Worked for me. I restored the apps I'd deleted and froze them using TBU instead.

drunkmonkey79

Reaction score
If anyone has deleted system apps and wants them back, you can use the Bionic system dump I found here:
[Download] DROID BIONIC System Dump.

Move the apk files to /system/app and change the permissions to match the other system apps.

Worked for me. I restored the apps I'd deleted and froze them using TBU instead.

Yup, I also used the files and went back to stock successfully. Going to wait for the update though before I start uninstalling/freezing again.

jthorpe

Reaction score
Rooted and froze using Titanium Backup.

Me too. Best thing ever. I hated the new car dock app too because you can't get rid of the fact that it talks to you and you're supposed to respond via voice when you get a text. HATED that. So I froze that app and installed google car home. Awesome.

psoU83er

Reaction score
i just want to know what I can safely remove without any issues - i don't know what bloatware must stay and what can go.​

buellboy9

Reaction score
Where did you get the Google Car Home? I don't see it in the market.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
i just want to know what I can safely remove without any issues - i don't know what bloatware must stay and what can go.​

AdService 1.0
Amazon Kindle 3.0.2.71
Backup Assistant Client
Blockbuster 0.9
Bookmarks Widget 2.3.4
Books 1.4.4
CarDock 1.0
Citrix Receiver 2.1.1059
City ID 1.1.17
Desk Home 2.3.4
Device Setup 1.0
DLNA 0709.69
Facebook 1.7.1
Facebook Authenticator 2.3.4
Flickr Authenticator 2.3.4
FMRadioService 2.3.4
Forest Wallpaper 1.0
FOTA 2.3.4
GoToMeeting 1.0
Guided Tours 2.3.4
Help Center 2.3.4
Home Screen Tips 1.0
HTML Viewer 2.3.4
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence 2.3.4
Linkedin Authenticator 2.3.4
Live Wallpaper picker 2.3.4
Magic Smike Wallpapers 2.3.4
MOTOPRINT 2.0.0.38
Motorola Dock Service 1.0
Music Visualization Wallpapers 2.3.4
Myspace Authenticator 2.3.4
News 2.3.4
Orkut Authenticator 2.3.4
Photobucket Authenticator 2.3.4
Picasa Authenticator 2.3.4
Quickoffice, Inc 4.1.80
Skyrock Authenticator 2.3.4
Slacker 3.0.535
Smart Dock 2.3.4
Social Location 2.0
Social Messaging 2.3.4
Social Messaging Service 2.3.4
Social NEtworking 2.3.4
Social Sharing 2.3.4
Social Status 2.3.4
Sticky Note 2.3.4
Swype 3.21.87.27685
Talk 1.3
Tasks 1.0
Text Messaging 2.3.4
Twitter Authenticator 2.3.4
V Cast Media Manager 4.4.1.0
V Cast Music 03.72.110
V Cast Tones 4.5.11
V Cast Videos 5.72.008
VZ Navigator 7.2.0.353
Video Editor Lite 3.1.0.4
Video Surf 1.0.10
Weather 2.3.4
Work Contacts 2.3.4

Concistency

Reaction score
I've deleted bloatware, I know you shouldn't delete these:
  • ToggleWidgets.apk
  • vzwapnpermission.apk
  • vzwcontroller.apk
  • vzwdevicesetup.apk
  • vzwentitlementservice.apk
  • vzwphoneservice.apk
  • YahooContacts.apk
I have all the bloatware for the Bionic available for download if you ever need it.