Has anyone rooted and deleted bloatware?if so what happened?

rwking

Reaction score
Ok, here are my additions. Many of these were on my DroidX so I knew they were safe to freeze.

Actually, I've read that freezing the Blockbuster and NFL apps can cause issues. I'll try to find the article and post it for reference...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

yiannis

Reaction score
I can verify that removing some of the programs I listed above doubled my batter life.

Battery Monitor Widget is a great tool btw.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Actually, I've read that freezing the Blockbuster and NFL apps can cause issues. I'll try to find the article and post it for reference...

I didnt freeze the NFL one but the Blockbuster has been fine. Was fine frozen on my DX as well.

Jaycea22

Reaction score
Quick question, if I installed ADW launcher can I freeze the home motoblur launcher w/o errors? Also if I can what is the filename to freeze in titanium?

silver6054

Reaction score
Quick question, if I installed ADW launcher can I freeze the home motoblur launcher w/o errors? Also if I can what is the filename to freeze in titanium?

In another forum someone mentioned that there might be an issue if you have to do a factory reset. ADW won't be there, and if there is no home things might go wrong.

The file is TB is something like Home2.3.X

camaro1173

Reaction score
I go "old school" and use Root Explorer and just .bak all the "bloatware". Rather than freeze or delete them. Never know if the phone has a memory check sum. Atleast it all adds up and reverting to stock is VERY simple. Mine works fine though.

I like doing it this way as well, One question did you change the .odex to anything or did you just leave that alone ?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I go "old school" and use Root Explorer and just .bak all the "bloatware". Rather than freeze or delete them. Never know if the phone has a memory check sum. Atleast it all adds up and reverting to stock is VERY simple. Mine works fine though.

This is why I wait for a safe to freeze list! So when you .bak does it remove the bloat from your app drawer just like freezing?

camaro1173

Reaction score
I can verify that removing some of the programs I listed above doubled my batter life.

Battery Monitor Widget is a great tool btw.

can you tell me which ones you froze that doubled your battery life, I have just bout have all on the list froze and my battery is no better any input would be nice...

buellboy9

Reaction score
Couldn't help but notice that frozen apps still get updates from the market. Should I use TiBu to remove them from the market?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ I dont think you can. Just go in to each app and uncheck the auto updates deal. That should fix'r.

buellboy9

Reaction score
That will stop automatic updating, but it won't stop the Market from notifying me I have updates waiting.

buellboy9

Reaction score
Damn... TiBu lets you force the app TO the market, but it doesn't have a choice to REMOVE it from the market. So much for that idea...

If something has been frozen for two weeks and I haven't had any adverse effects, does that mean it's safe to delete?