1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Has anyone received the *official* 720p OTA Update?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Toe_Cutter, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Toe_Cutter

Toe_Cutter New Member

I only ask as I've been browsing through several forums and noticed that no one has claimed to have received the update directly from VZW?

There were a few who used the leaked OTA from xda-devs, but beyond those posts, I've yet to see a post where someone claims the update notification appeared on their phone?

I'm thinking everyone was confused by the leaked update, thinking it was already being sent direct OTA to phones, and that has us all waiting for an update that probably hasn't even been released yet.

I hope I'm wrong and the update is being distributed, but I just don't think it is yet.
  2. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Member

Nope, haven't gotten it. Would downloading the leaked OTA be safe? I kinda want it.
  3. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

The OTA update isn't even official yet.

Yes we know it's coming, but to think it's anywhere past the testing phase would be untrue.

The Droid X is also getting an update soon but it hasn't started rolling out yet. However, Verizon also has an official announcement on their website. Not true for the Incredible.

Fairly safe to assume that the July 16th rumor, was only for a select testing group.
  4. Toe_Cutter

Toe_Cutter New Member

While I didn't specifically express this, it's exactly what I was implying by starting the thread.

I suspect that a lone Droid Incredible owner upgraded their phone using the leaked OTA, and then posted some feedback on it without specifying that they were describing the leaked update as opposed to the official one, and everyone reading the OP assumed it was the official OTA.

I put the poll up to see if anyone had in fact received the official update, but more importantly, how many applied the leaked OTA.
  5. beesy

beesy New Member

6. Toe_Cutter

Toe_Cutter New Member

BTW, VZW has officially announced an update for the Droid X, slated to begin on July 19th.

Here's a link to the Droid X update overview from VZW's support site. It clearly states:

"Verizon Wireless and Motorola encourage you to download this update today."

I wonder if there's been some confusion surrounding the Droid Incredible update and this one?

Is anyone else a little miffed to hear the DX is getting an update a mere 4 days after release, even though we've seen this 720p OTA update for a few weeks now?

(First mention of the update appeared here. Anyone else notice this is an HTC-branded Incredible? I wonder if it's a test mule, given the considerable differences in the software version numeration, vs. our DI's?)
  7. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

The X is getting an update for bug fixes, ours is just perks.