Has anyone received the MR2 update OTA?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Checked my wife's phone this morning...nothing yet.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Doubt you'll see anything today. All I've seen are rumors.

Toran2048

Reaction score
I have manually flashed it...

I've got an UNROOTED Thunderbolt and manually flashed it Sunday night with the leaked developer MR2 update. I previously was experiencing constant reboots (every 1-3 hours), inconsistent WiFi Hotspot operation, and the issue with losing 3G connectivity upon plugging in the USB cable.

After flashing with the MR2 update... it's been SUPER STABLE and has not rebooted once!! And the Wifi works great as well. This update seemed to solve all my problems and am just waiting on Verizon to turn on the 4G (they have one tower activated for testing). Very glad this got leaked because I've been very frustrated with this phone and I personally think that it shouldn't void any warranty since I was unrooted and it's their signed OTA update.

Good luck! If you manually flash, you will need to backup everything you can and basically reinstall the ROM to a factory reset state. Crossing my fingers that the real OTA doesn't brick my phone or cause any other issues.

OP
E

elliott1969

Reaction score
I've got an UNROOTED Thunderbolt and manually flashed it Sunday night with the leaked developer MR2 update. I previously was experiencing constant reboots (every 1-3 hours), inconsistent WiFi Hotspot operation, and the issue with losing 3G connectivity upon plugging in the USB cable.

After flashing with the MR2 update... it's been SUPER STABLE and has not rebooted once!! And the Wifi works great as well. This update seemed to solve all my problems and am just waiting on Verizon to turn on the 4G (they have one tower activated for testing). Very glad this got leaked because I've been very frustrated with this phone and I personally think that it shouldn't void any warranty since I was unrooted and it's their signed OTA update.

Good luck! If you manually flash, you will need to backup everything you can and basically reinstall the ROM to a factory reset state. Crossing my fingers that the real OTA doesn't brick my phone or cause any other issues.

I also did the manual flash and so far it seems all the reboot problems stoped....now I'm wondering will there be any difference between the MR2 that I flashed and the OTA UPDATE...would I even get a notification ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

VolDroid

Reaction score
I flashed the leaked MR2 update also and haven't had reboots or GPS problems and my battery life seems a bit better, not great but better. Now i'm truly glad I bought the Thunderbolt.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am glad to hear people who flashed manually reporting positive results.

Filosophic1

Reaction score
Flashed the MR2 update when it was leaked. Had one reboot, just considered it a fluke. Went almost 48 hours without a reboot, have not loaded any new apps, and then all of a sudden yesterday evening, my phone started rebooting. 5 times now in the past 12 hours. Once while I was on mobile hotspot, once just from unlocking it, another time when I went to use the internet, and then today again twice while using mobile hotspot.

VolDroid

Reaction score
Flashed the MR2 update when it was leaked. Had one reboot, just considered it a fluke. Went almost 48 hours without a reboot, have not loaded any new apps, and then all of a sudden yesterday evening, my phone started rebooting. 5 times now in the past 12 hours. Once while I was on mobile hotspot, once just from unlocking it, another time when I went to use the internet, and then today again twice while using mobile hotspot.

I think I'd take that phone back. I only had 3 reboot in the two weeks i had the phone prior to the update and haven't had any since the update.

SquintyOS

Reaction score
i have no clue if i have it or not but, look at this thread concerning my situation.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-thunderbolt/153998-thunderbolt-update.html

Quick rundown:
About 3:12 last night, i decided to check for a software update and found out I had one waiting. My battery was 10% so I refrained from doing anything and defered it for later. i've had my Bolt since (literally) day one and flashed the rooted version of the OTA that was leaked back in April or May. i'm kind of wondering if what it's telling me is the OTA update that was suppossedly today.

SleepyTheDon

Reaction score
Verizon Shipped me a Droid Charge so im going to try it out for a fee days if i like it ill send back my TB if not the charge goes back