Has anyone received the FRG830 (2.2.1) update yet?

therock

Reaction score
Try the touch screen phone dial pad and see if it seems to respond better. Mine does as before it was like a Bruce Lee movie with the bad audio sync. I would touch it and it would respond way after I let off. Now its more perky and represents the rest of the phone, at my house!

NetNathan

Reaction score
Okay, just sit on that for a bit. I'm going to try to dig something up or at least point someone who might know how here to tell you. :)

Okay....:popcorn:

A, that's "old" and B, that's for rooted users only.

But I am a rooted user....see signature.
But it seems llke he is getting ready to release, or already released, a "D" version.
You mean "D" means more recent than "B"? I thought FRG83 "D" was required for the Droid platform and FRG83 wa sfor a different model Droid.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Nathan, I'm trying to get an update for non-rooted users. :)

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

Reaction score
It didn't fix the MSCHAPV2 wifi authentication issue. I hate that! So frustrating. Connected to my work network just fine on 2.1. 2.2 and 2.2.1 no luck.

pilot25

Reaction score
Droid update FRG83D

can anyone post before and after screenshots of the gmail or anything else being different?

I go the update last night and I don't see anything being different. Gmail the same. Amazon widget? I don't even have the option. News widget unchanged.

What the hell was this for?

evilned

Reaction score
hmmm.... installing the update.zip gives me "assert failed: less_than_int(1279140904, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))" It looks like this isn't the droid update I was looking for.

zero7404

Reaction score

therock

Reaction score
76.9MB would be a full ROM. Could you upload that to a file sharing server and give me the link? :)

Ok but you better take care because I'm not sure thats how it works. Does it over write a previous one? This is offf my SD Card.

Check it out. update.zip - 76.91 MB

is this the legitimate 2.2.1 full rom from the mothership ? how to install ?

I'm not sure. It's what I found on my card. We are trying to figure it out.

Potty Time

Reaction score
are you sure it's not the frg01b full rom that we got a couple months ago and that you possibly left on your sd card and forgot about :angry: :angry:

evilned

Reaction score
I'd bet money that the smaller file is the actual update, and the 76 meg one is the full 2.2 rom that we got several months ago.

Ok but you better take care because I'm not sure thats how it works. Does it over write a previous one? This is offf my SD Card.

Check it out. update.zip - 76.91 MB

is this the legitimate 2.2.1 full rom from the mothership ? how to install ?

I'm not sure. It's what I found on my card. We are trying to figure it out.

diverbelow

Reaction score
can anyone post before and after screenshots of the gmail or anything else being different?

I go the update last night and I don't see anything being different. Gmail the same. Amazon widget? I don't even have the option. News widget unchanged.

What the hell was this for?

The Gmail app is the same version 2.3, as what is currently in the android market.