Has anyone received the FRG830 (2.2.1) update yet?

r314bd

Reaction score
Looks like it went out to a test group earlier this week. Minor changes only, but I'm curious what the new News/Weather widget looks like.

If anyone has it let us know!

maddmenz

Reaction score
I keep getting nagged to do an OTA update but I am rooted and am enjoying the Bugless Beast. Should I try the update? Do I need to unroot first?

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I keep getting nagged to do an OTA update but I am rooted and am enjoying the Bugless Beast. Should I try the update? Do I need to unroot first?
I got the OTA and said Install Now but the install failed b/c I'm rooted and have custom recovery. Haven't been asked to do the update again. So yes you'll need to unroot but if you don't and try installing I'd imagine it will cause the OTA update notifications to stop

Last edited:

adt584

Reaction score
When will the update get out to all droid customers?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Save the update.zip, please, and post it for people who want it. Your custom recovery image will block the install.

And, yet again, Bugless Beast doesn't kill the nag screen. Good information to have. :)

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Anyone have the update.zip yet?

codymb

Reaction score
I got it this morning. To be frank, I haven't noticed a difference. I read that there was supposed to be updates to Twitter and the news and weather widget, but everything seems to be the same. So if you don't have it yet, don't sweat it, you're not missing out on anything.