Has anyone noticed this about Astro lately?

zenman77

Reaction score
It seems like astro no longer works the same with pictures. I try to use it as a slideshow where you swipe your finger to see the next pic but it does'nt change picture then like it used to. Anyone else notice this or just me?

Is there a better picture viewer available?

angler1

Reaction score
I also noticed I can't find my 5 gigs of music on astro since the last update. But it shows up on my music player. And I think it is messing with a few other things.

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score
Well hopefully these issues will be addressed. I used to be able to view hidden pictures and swipe through them as a screen show but no longer. I'll try the stock gallery but I'd prefer Astro.........

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully these issues will be addressed. I used to be able to view hidden pictures and swipe through them as a screen show but no longer. I'll try the stock gallery but I'd prefer Astro.........

I just tried it. Pictures are in the images folder, when I press slide show it works. I know I have the latest update.

OldguyMark

Reaction score

Yes, I agree.

Astro was almost the prefect file manager for we non-rooters, but they really messed up the picture handling on this last update, I wish there was some way to go back.

I don't like the stock gallery, so I use Astro and have directory called gallery, inside which are a number of folders with different groups of photos. All the folders are [.]file names so they don't show in the stock gallery.

Before the update I could touch a folder, choose Astro and do a quick slide show for someone, but I couldn't zoom in on the photo. If I wanted to zoom in, I just touched for the stock gallery viewer to bring up that single picture - all this was very fast. (and if I wanted the automated slide show in the stock viewer, it took like 5 seconds to remove the [.] from the folder name.)

Now the Astro viewer has no slide show and does unexpected things if you touch the screen or move the phone to landscape etc. If I use the stock viewer it takes forever for the photo to come up.

And for all you wiseguys :) yes, I have a folder of artful nudes, but I use the [.] thing because it is a better way to organize all my photo files - I am a fairly skilled amateur photographer, and using Astro is more like the photo software(s) on my PC -

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score
Yep Oldguy, that's exactly what I was talking about as well. I sent the dev an email so hopefully these issues will get fixed. I tried countless other file managers and they use the gallery for images so that's no help..........

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score
Just a quick update........... It's working fine now since the update that I received today? Thanx for all of the input from you guys

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Just a quick update........... It's working fine now since the update that I received today? Thanx for all of the input from you guys

Cool - I hadn't got around to checking my updates, but your right, they fixed the slide show bit.
I'ts still pretty slow using the stock gallery viewer, but even that seems a tiny bit better.

Thank for the update zenman.