Has anyone lately.....

abloam

Reaction score
wanted to throw their Incredible from a 10 story building???? Lately my phone has been awful!! The screen stops working, web pages/apps are being glitchy, the occasional turn off/on, messages not being sent. is anyone else having these issues? Or do I have a lemon for a phone

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How often do you turn it off? Task killer or anti-virus installed? Do you use the home key or back key when exiting applications?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Abloam, are you rooted or running stock Froyo? How long have you had the phone and how long has it been acting strange?

OP
abloam

abloam

Reaction score
Droid DOES!! - Turn it off every 5 days or so. No task killer but I do have an Anti-Virus software, and I use the back key when there isnt an option to "Exit the application"

enlightened - I am running stock Froyo and this has been going on for a little over 2 weeks now, it has been very spotty a few months ago but recently it happens almost every other hour.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you done a factory reset yet? Most people don't like hearing the suggestion but in the grand scheme of things it seems to fix all sort of weird problems. You'll lose text messages and any pics that aren't stored on your SD card and have to set up your gmail account again but that's about it. Apps downloaded from Market will be available for redownload once you're back up (or you can back them up using appbrain or a similar app). It will take a total of about 5 minutes to do but I suspect will solve most, if not all, of your problems. VZW would tell you to do this as a first step troubleshooting the combination of problems you're having.

BLACKlando

Reaction score
Droid DOES!! - Turn it off every 5 days or so. No task killer but I do have an Anti-Virus software, and I use the back key when there isnt an option to "Exit the application"

enlightened - I am running stock Froyo and this has been going on for a little over 2 weeks now, it has been very spotty a few months ago but recently it happens almost every other hour.
Delete the antivirus app. The phone already has a pretty good anti-virus on there. The best one hands down is Mobile Lookout.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
abloam

abloam

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions/help, I will try these tactics and hope everything works out in the end. Thanks again.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Root your phone and get SkyRaider 3.3.3. with the new HTC Kernal. My phone was running like crap on stock froyo and I HATED it. So much lag EVERYWHERE. Since rooting, my phone has been almost 100% lag free and comparable to the speeds I was getting with 2.1

EDIT

A factory reset did nothing for me and neither did a battery pull when I was having this lag.