Has anyone installed 2.2 on a eris?

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
Rooting in general is a great idea, I'm running erislightning bolt rom, and i love it, i am overclocked to 748MHz and i haven't had a problem with my phone whatsoever. And if you have insurance on your phone, it doesn't matter if the warranty is voided, i haven't upgraded to 2.2 yet, i'm still running 2.1 because i love having Sense, and 7 homescreens lol. As i said rooting in general is a great idea.

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
Rooting in general is a great idea, I'm running erislightning bolt rom, and i love it, i am overclocked to 748MHz and i haven't had a problem with my phone whatsoever. And if you have insurance on your phone, it doesn't matter if the warranty is voided, i haven't upgraded to 2.2 yet, i'm still running 2.1 because i love having Sense, and 7 homescreens lol. As i said rooting in general is a great idea.

Nice. So there are different ROMS? and you can pick and choose and apply different ones? Based on your post, I'm assuming 7 screens are gone once 2.2 rolls around, right? I'm thinking about rooting it this afternoon. I'm excited. dancedroid

Will rooting prevent me from receiving OTA updates, etc?

Last edited:

jhart15063

Reaction score
if you want the 7 screens get LauncherPro from the market, and i bought "weather and toggle widgets " to have the weather clock like sense. and 2.2 roms have a customizable power bar so you wont need sense toggle widgets.

and yes there are a bunch of different roms you can pick from, each ROM thread in the forum here Droid Eris Android Development - xda-developers will tell you the features of the ROM

yes most roms will disable OTA updates but i dont think the eris will be getting anymore anyway...

RootedEris

Reaction score
Heres my question to you guys............Now youtube videos and my videos and internet flash won't play ......this because this rom doesn't have flash player right ??? well is there a way to download flash player onto our phones so we can watch videos