Has anyone incurred a "hotspot fee" using the foxfi app?

Angie2J

Reaction score
I recently found the foxfi app today and it works great. However, I'm a little skeptical because when I access it, my stock app comes up with a message that say's "stock tethering or mobile hotspot active click here to configure". I found another post that said to ignore it but I wanted to see if anyone has used this app for over a month's time and did not see a difference in charges on there bill. It seems too good to be true, but no worth drawing Verizon's attention or paying extra for. Thank you for your help!

WickedStepMom

Reaction score
FoxFi - not sure if there will be any Verizon charges

I too stumbled upon the FoxFi app. It works fine on my DroidX but I too am concerned if I will incur any charges from Verizon. Have you used it since installing and have you see any charges from your phone carrier?

Arodnum1

Reaction score
None, that also would be illegal if they did charge you, add that requires your signature and any derivation to your contract is a "breach of contact", on the flipside they could probably drop you if they found out, but I really wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
A

Angie2J

Reaction score
I have used it a few times but won't get a bill for a couple of weeks. I'll report back but judging by the reviews, a ton of people seem to be using it without a worry.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This message is coming from the phone, not from Verizon. It is simply asking you if you would like to configure the Verizon hotspot feature. You are ignoring it because you don't want to do this, the app handles it. If you didn't have to change your plan to add the hotspot feature, you will not get billed. Just try and use it as little as possible.

Disclaimer: ANY tethering without paying for a tethering plan ALWAYS carries a risk. The carrier charges can be very heavy. However, you will most likely simply be told by your carrier to pay up or stop tethering.

Last edited: