Has anyone heard this?

Reaction score
im sure it is just a rumor but im just wondering has anyone heard it.
I was told two different stores from a few different people story one verizon is buying out att? story two att and buying verizon?
My thoughts on this is that if this was somewhat true wouldnt someone buy sprint out first? anyone have thoughts or info on this?

lockdownx1x

Reaction score
Not even possible, even if they both wanted to merge. Not a chance in hell.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
well after VZW bought alltell they had to sell part of it to ATT to keep from becoming a monopoly I would guess that the 2 biggest cell services joining would raise some eyebrows in Washington!!

Chris

Mojo

Reaction score
Who ever told you this does not have a clue. There is no way that VZW would be able to buy ATT or vice versa.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is no way a VZW rep would have this sort of inside info.

I don't even know where such a rumor gets started. As mentioned, it never clears anti-trust. I think I do remember reading something, however, about Verizon (the bell, not the cell) was selling some of it land line network to AT&T or Sprint or soemthing like that.

JCo352

Reaction score
At&t is buying some of Verizon's spectrum.
Edit: Here is the article on it.

R

RETG

Have heard T-mobile and Sprint are taking merger and/or joint venture,

However, no way is the FCC going to allow the two largest carriers to merge.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is how real bad internet rumors get started.

OP, I know you said you heard this. You're entitled to post what you like but if you're going to post something like this at least have a source so we can see where you heard it. For all we know you overheard this at the grocery store.

I'm moving this off topic, this has nothing to do with Droid.

carbonnoid

Reaction score
hahaha this is impossible. This is like Apple and Microsoft merging. This would never pass the DOJ. Verizon has a 43% mkt share and AT&T has a 29% mkt share. Thats 72% mkt share for the both of them. Impossible. Maybe AT&T was buying equipment from Verizon as part of the Alltel buyout.

ChugIt

Reaction score
well after VZW bought alltell they had to sell part of it to ATT to keep from becoming a monopoly I would guess that the 2 biggest cell services joining would raise some eyebrows in Washington!!

Chris

Verizon Wireless did not buy Alltel. They SUED Alltel and they couldn't afford to pay so VZW aquired them in the settlement.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Well, the statement I made is vague really. They got $ From Alltel but basically used that same money to buy them. It was kind of a weird deal. Looking at my 1st statement in general it would appear wrong, so I felt I needed to clarify. OK technically YES, they DID buy them, but not with their own money.

Like "Let me have those shoes"
"No way man!"
"OK well you owe me $60 let me get it!".... "K thanks I'll give you $60 for your shoes!"
"Deal!"

^ Sorta what happened.