Has anyone had any luck with custom news topics on the Genie news widget?

M

Matth3w

Just curious...I see there is a section for custom topics but not sure what kind of filtering it uses....was thinking about, for example, putting Pittsburgh Penguins but wasn't sure how well that would work...

unknowndroid

Reaction score
Give it a try. It's free to try and if you don't like the results, you just delete the custom filter. I use it for droid, android and get great results.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Just curious...I see there is a section for custom topics but not sure what kind of filtering it uses....was thinking about, for example, putting Pittsburgh Penguins but wasn't sure how well that would work...

When I first installed it and used it I had one for apple one for google and one for android.

Simple as typing in a keyword and it searches google news for articles relating to that topic.

OP
M

Matth3w

How specific can you be? The reason I asked before really trying is because it updates every 30 minutes, it might not always pick up what I'm looking for etc.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always make custom News topics of one of Android, one of Motorola Droid, one of Nexus One, and one of Google.....and then maybe one of Apple. Just to see whats goin on...lol

OP
M

Matth3w

I can't believe I never noticed this option until today.

solorca

Reaction score
This sounds like a good widget. Where do you guys find it? I haven't been able to locate it in the market.

OP
M

Matth3w

It's part of a ROM.

Wow the custom topics work great!

deputc26

Reaction score
Works great for me, I've got it tracking A123 Systems, SpaceX and more, works great.