Has anyone had an X replacement lately?

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Had a warranty issue and big red said my replacement will be here on Monday. Do I get to look forward to a certified new or a new in box?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this early in the game it would be NITB

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Called to get a replacement on mine today... totally crapped out for some reason

Said I would have mine on Friday (Southern California) called around 1pm

My rep didn't say but if it's that quick I would assume refurbished.

I'm not worried the refurbished phones I got for my Droid were way better built than my original one lol. Hope I get surprised with a new one though... that would be a nice start to my weekend

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't think of that, if you are getting it so quickly while others are waiting weeks for a new DX a refurb might be likley

OP
MrDizzle

MrDizzle

Reaction score
yeah went into the store at about 6 pm and was told it will be here monday (typical 2-day fedex replacement). I thought it was pretty early to have refurbs too tparker76 but who knows. Can I get a confirmation from anyone that has received a refurb DX?

alemane213

Reaction score
I received my original X on 8/30 after just two days I was getting tired of it randomly rebooting. Called Verizon & they wanted me to ship my X back for they can send me a replacement & I would have to wait till the 9/17 for it to ship. After speaking with a supervisor they called my local VZW store & told them to assist me asap. When to my local store & the manager said they do have a stock for warranty exchanges & it will come in a different box. I told I just waited 3 weeks to receive my X & I wasn't going to take anything less than another new especially after I paid full price & its not my fault the phone is messed up. After an hour of trying to figure things out he order me a new phone shipped to the store this way I didn't have to pay anything keep my messed up phone & it came in today! Just picked it up & switched boxes.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
my ringer stopped working. went to Verizon on Sat 09/04
replacement was here 09/07 . That did surprise me as this
was the holiday w/e. Item came from Texas.
I got the phone only, had to use my original battery & SD card.
Hope this helps

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hope this helps

did it say CLNR on the phone? does it look brand new or slightly used?

My replacement is sitting on my porch waiting for me to get off work. Im not sure if im even taking it. I was having the weird speaker issue (rattle/ting) but its gone now...

liferefugee

Reaction score
They have been selling certified refurbs on the verizon website, so they obviously have a stock of these. My guess is that anyone who brings back the phone and doesnt want it, or trades for a different model are the bulk of these certified stock. With demand still pushing ship dates out a few weeks it doesnt suprise me at all that they would push to get phones fixed up and back into the supply since every broken phone that is replaced with a new one is one less they can sell right away at full price (certified are $50 cheaper).

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
They have been selling certified refurbs on the verizon website, so they obviously have a stock of these. My guess is that anyone who brings back the phone and doesnt want it, or trades for a different model are the bulk of these certified stock. With demand still pushing ship dates out a few weeks it doesnt suprise me at all that they would push to get phones fixed up and back into the supply since every broken phone that is replaced with a new one is one less they can sell right away at full price (certified are $50 cheaper).

I doubt they're warranty phones, The supply chain for the X is so thin that Moto wouldn't even have the resources to fix defective devices. Now this is purely an assumption and as such should be taken with a grain of salt, however; I would assume the majority of CLNR devices are simply phones that were used for 1-30 days and returned.

Riffin

Reaction score
I was upgrade to the Droid X from the Droid 1 due to some firm but polite complaining with VZW CS about issues I was having with my original phone. (Advising them on how easy it would be to go back to ATT/iPhone was the kicker.)

I received a "certified like new" Droid X in a simple white box (with no other stuff included) and the battery and cover were sent separately. Since I was upgrade at no cost to me, I had no complaints with this arrangement and so far my phone works great.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
Hope this helps

did it say CLNR on the phone? does it look brand new or slightly used?

what is CLNR and where do i look for it on the phn ?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I had a problem with this and I received a phone that came in a CLNR box, but many Verizon reps assured me that the phone was infact new and that Verizon essentially put new phones into the refurbished pool incase problems arose.