Has anyone gotten the new market working?

Reaction score
I just got the latest 2.2.7 Market working via the .zip method someone posted over at XDA.

Here's what I did.

1. Make a backup...seriously...

First I tried this...not sure if it had anything to do with getting this working but it could have, maybe?

2a. Go Settings > Apllications > Manage applications and click on the Running tab.
2b. click on Google service framework, Force stop it and clear data and cache
2c. go back and click on market, do the same (Force stop clear data and cache.

3. Go to this thread New Working Market 2.2.7 (apk attached) - Page 2 - xda-developers and look at post 19 on page 2.
4. Download the .zip
5. Put it on your SD card.
6. Bootstrap and reboot into recovery
7. install the .zip
8. Reboot
9. test to make sure you can install an app with out a force close.

Works for me running rubiX 1.90 (leaked, if that still matters?)
I've installed 3 apps and rebooted twice, just to make sure.

Hopefully that helps some folks.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Im not to sure why everybody is wanting to update to the market. My phone did it by its self, & im not digging the 15min refund policy I got with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I just wanted the update because I didn't have it. The 15 min thing doesn't bother me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Works good for me, OG Blurry. Gotta love to hate updates.

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

xraytedjim

Reaction score
Still force closes for me :( Rubix 1.9.0 on ota .340.

Tried all the clearing of data/cache previously mentioned.

Reaction score
Still force closes for me :( Rubix 1.9.0 on ota .340.

Tried all the clearing of data/cache previously mentioned.

Same issue here.

That path doesn't fix the FC issue but if you have the old market working normally it appears to upgrade it without causing the FC problem.

I went an installed GummyJar and screwed around with some other stuff last night...when I can back to rubiX I had the FC problem. Tried the method above and it didn't fix it...had to reinstall.

Does anyone know how to restore the old market if you are having FCs with the new one?

mdowns989

Reaction score
My wife has Apex 1.3 and hers updated automatically... no need for .apk and mine still has not with Focused 1.9 .340 ..... hmm.....

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
I just got the latest 2.2.7 Market working via the .zip method someone posted over at XDA.

Here's what I did.

1. Make a backup...seriously...

First I tried this...not sure if it had anything to do with getting this working but it could have, maybe?

2a. Go Settings > Apllications > Manage applications and click on the Running tab.
2b. click on Google service framework, Force stop it and clear data and cache
2c. go back and click on market, do the same (Force stop clear data and cache.

3. Go to this thread New Working Market 2.2.7 (apk attached) - Page 2 - xda-developers and look at post 19 on page 2.
4. Download the .zip
5. Put it on your SD card.
6. Bootstrap and reboot into recovery
7. install the .zip
8. Reboot
9. test to make sure you can install an app with out a force close.

Works for me running rubiX 1.90 (leaked, if that still matters?)
I've installed 3 apps and rebooted twice, just to make sure.

Hopefully that helps some folks.

I'm on the leaked version too and this worked just fine for me. Thanks Dig!

Inkarnit

Reaction score
The new version of RubiX Focused 1.9.5 will have the new market completely functioning, so if you just want to wait you will have it soon. No firm ETA yet from Drod, but testing is going well and he promised a Christmas release if he can get enough followers for @RileysDream13 on Twitter, a diabetes awareness cause for his brother.

mcp770

Reaction score
I work in an ER part time and an Ambulance full time as a Paramedic. I have seen the effects of both undiagnosed diabetes and those of folks that couldn't afford the medications. The results range from going unresponsive, going blind, losing feet and toes, up to death. This is a worthwhile cause folks and if you don't give anything to riley give to similar programs in your community like I do. Its very easy to help out and thinks like glucometers are free to order online then you just donate them. Test strips however are expensive and that's where money comes in along with the medications. Help out wherever and however you can.

Don't just do it for a Rom!