Has anyone gotten rid of the annoying 45-minute warning?

Pergatory

Reaction score
Hi all, I need urgent help here. Just yesterday I had my first encounter with the annoying warning that pops up after 45 minutes of inactivity on an application. If I wanted my app to auto-end, I'd add it to the auto-end list. How do I get rid of this ridiculous warning? It happened when I was running Pandora and had my phone plugged into the sound system in our shop. We're having a huge party tomorrow and were going to use my phone for the music, but obviously this will be a big problem if someone has to remember to poke it every 40 minutes to prevent this warning. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I listen to Pandora and I heart radio all day at work and sometimes don't touch my phone for 2-3 hours and I've never experienced this.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I get this pop up with my AIM app. always pops up and i can't stand it either. I love the bionic to death but there's just so many lil things that drives me insane.

Car dock always trying to read your incoming text
45 minute notice to terminate app
Stay awake while charging not sticking to set preference
Pictures lacking size preference. I rather take a 5mp pic than a 6 or 8. Even a 3mp is more used on my dx than anything over 5.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
These all sound like setting issues and not phone issues. Somehow the phone was set/you accidentally turned some of these features on.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
It pops up on my phone if I run Pandora all day. I've gone 4 hours without looking at the screen doing yard work, so I assume that message had been up for 3hrs 15 mins. It never actually shuts down the app. So unless you want it up on an HD TV or something you are good

OP
P

Pergatory

Reaction score
Do you have a battery saver mode turned on?
I have it set to "Nighttime saver". This did happen around 8 PM so it was probably within the night time zone... I suppose that could be responsible. Especially since some people report not having this issue at all... I've set it to "Performance mode" and I'll try again and see what happens. I just did it and started up Pandora, so we'll know in about 45 minutes. Thanks for the tip, hope that does it!
It pops up on my phone if I run Pandora all day. I've gone 4 hours without looking at the screen doing yard work, so I assume that message had been up for 3hrs 15 mins. It never actually shuts down the app. So unless you want it up on an HD TV or something you are good
When the message popped up for me, it killed Pandora. Pandora was still running but stopped playing music. When I closed the dialog and went back to Pandora, it would not play music or anything. I had to end the task and start it up again before it resumed. Also, for what it's worth, I had no service when this happened. I was only connected through wifi.

Last edited:

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I use the night time saver but i work during the day. Also if you click on the info button next to nighttime saver mode it says it shuts off data after 15 minutes between 10pm and 5am. I don't think it could be the source of the problem but who knows.

OP
P

Pergatory

Reaction score
You're right it seems unlikely. However, I just ran it for about an hour and a half and got no 45-minute inactivity warning... so that could actually be it. I've changed it to the maximum battery saver mode and we'll see if it suddenly starts happening again. I'll post the results.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Yea definitely make sure u post your result. I'm curious to see what happens.

OP
P

Pergatory

Reaction score
Yep, it was the battery saving mode. After going into Maximum battery saver and running Pandora for 45 minutes, the error popped up and it killed my 4G connection at the same time, killing Pandora's stream. I'm assuming it would also kill wifi if that was running, which is what would've stopped the music last night. So if you want to run apps like Pandora for more than 45 minutes in the background, go to Performance Mode. Thanks everyone for the help!

318Droid

Reaction score
I get the same pop up on Facebook sometimes. What I did was pull the battery and I haven't got the pop up since! did nothing else but a battery pull. Didn't touch Facebook none and hasn't popped up in 4 days.