Has anyone fried their Droid yet??

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Oliver84, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Oliver84

Oliver84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So there has been a lot of talk about the dangers of overclocking, especially since Petes 7.6 came out with 1200 oc. My question is, has anyone actually damaged or even fried their Droid due to overclocking??

Many says its crazy and not needed to run that fast and that 800 is enough. I'm running 1200, very stable, great battery life and normal temperatures. How? With the conservative setting on SetCPU it doesn't run at 1200 unless it NEEDS to. Most of the time it sits at 600. If I'm talking on the phone and navigating at the same time, it'll kick up to 1200. The point of overclocking isn't to run at 1200 mhz all the time. THAT would be crazy. The point is to have access to that extra speed when needed so your phone doesn't lag, which now mines doesn't! I don't understand why the Droid wasn't built this way from the start (speaking of the CPU scaling). Unless there are people frying their Droids, I don't see how this is stupid. Just watch your temps, be conservative on SetCPU, and enjoy having a super fast Droid!

2. rustydude0749

rustydude0749 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to SetCPU, how do you set it so that it only goes to max processing power when it needs to?

3. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It pretty much automatically does that. Move the top sliders to your max and min, and then set your profiles, and of course, it will only upclock when it decides it needs to.

4. CorvetteAustin24

CorvetteAustin24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On the right hand side it says "CPU Governor". The option you want for what you described above is labeled "ondemand" I'm not sure what "userspace" refers to, but for max power all the time, you want "performance" and if you aren't going to be using your phone much in an area and want to save battery, switch it to "conservative".

5. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    userspace is a stub that has yet to be developed.

6. rustydude0749

rustydude0749 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Perfect! Thanks a ton guys, I appreciate it!

7. clwither

clwither Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page

can you fry a android cpu

how to fry the processor on a droid razr m

performance fried phone cpu