Has anyone found a wireless car dock w/NFC that would enable "car mode"?

Beer

Reaction score
So one thing that I loved about my Razr Maxx was the car dock and the built in moto app that would recognize when I put it in the car dock, turn on bluetooth, turn on GPS, launch car mode, .....etc etc (using magnets I think). I'd like to find a Qi enabled charger that has an NFC chip installed so the phone will recognize when it's in the car and I guess I also need to find some sort of car dock app as well. I've googled a bit and can't find anything that looks great. I like the looks of the Lyft Vu although it's not available yet and does not appear to have NFC.

Any suggestions?

OP
Beer

Beer

Reaction score
Sorry, shoulda posted this in the accessories section. Mods please feel free to move :-/

OP
Beer

Beer

Reaction score
Thanks PereDroid but poor reviews and no NFC.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
HAS NFC:

Tap with NFC
Just tap your phone on the NFC logo to open Car App or any other app on your device.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
You could do this with a simple NFC tag as well.

Reactions: cr6

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Amazon Qi charger around $45.00 and add a NFC tag.
There are several under different names that apear to be built by the same company.
I have one of the desk docks and it works well.

JDH

Reaction score
I also came from the RAZR Maxx, still have the navigation dock as it was called. Tradeded the maxx in on turbo . hopefully moto will come out with a nav dock for the turbo. What would you need NFC for going down the road?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I also came from the RAZR Maxx, still have the navigation dock as it was called. Tradeded the maxx in on turbo . hopefully moto will come out with a nav dock for the turbo. What would you need NFC for going down the road?
Activate car mode, music player etc. When put in car dock.
From everything I have heard Motorola has gone away from phone specific car docks, not profitable.
I wish they would come out with a generic one that would work with all their phones. I like Motorola quality.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree, the custom docks were the bomb however don't hold your breath. Motorola has left that dock and gone out in search of different shores. They now recommend iBolt or other manufacturer's accessories.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

JDH

Reaction score
I contacted moto c/s to ask if there was a nav dock for turbo forthcoming and got the "we have no info re that"response
I will say they responded very quickly.
I really miss using the RazrMaxx dock.
I still have it if anyone would like to purchase. As long as they keep changing the location of all the input/output jacks there will never be a universal dock that can do everything the moto nav dock can do.