Has anyone figured out how to get the Nav application to stop minimizing on its own?

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
It's making the navigation on my phone useless, which is making my $40 car dock useless, which is making me crazy.

scf

Reaction score
Found this on a motorola owners' forum:
Re: Droid X navigation crashes
This was occurring on my phone. Navigation would crash every 60-120 seconds, and then get restarted a few seconds later. It wouldn't come to the foreground again unless I pulled down the notification bar and selected it.

I fixed this on my phone with the following:
Open Market, hit menu, choose downloads
Choose "Google Maps", and uninstall. This will revert you to the version that shipped on the phone.

Power cycle your phone.

Ever since I reverted to the shipping Google Maps version and rebooted (the reboot was necessary as well) I haven't had any problems. Until I rebooted, the old version of Navigation was crashing as well.

The version of Maps installed on my properly working X is 4.3.0 (#4307) gmm-android-verizon

techguru

Reaction score
This was occurring on my phone. Navigation would crash every 60-120 seconds, and then get restarted a few seconds later. It wouldn't come to the foreground again unless I pulled down the notification bar and selected it.

Choose "Google Maps", and uninstall. This will revert you to the version that shipped on the phone.

Power cycle your phone.

Ever since I reverted to the shipping Google Maps version and rebooted (the reboot was necessary as well) I haven't had any problems. Until I rebooted, the old version of Navigation was crashing as well.

The version of Maps installed on my properly working X is 4.3.0 (#4307) gmm-android-verizon

THANK YOU!!!! This had suddenly started on my DX, and I needed reliable GPS last weekend and wound up reverting to my DINC since I could not figure out what was wrong.

Alan

OP
T

ThirdWheel

Reaction score

Power cycle your phone.

This worked! Tested it on my drive in this morning (45 minute commute, DC is annoying) and it didn't close once. Thanks!