Has anyone exchanged their Droid within their initial 30 day window

lyam

Reaction score
Due to some kind of hardware issue? If so, did you get a new droid or a re manufactured droid? Did you back up your full SD card?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
With in the 30 days you get a brand new device.
You can swap sdcards.

OP
L

lyam

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response!

tamlin42

Reaction score
If you have any qualms about the quality and you're in the 30 day window, i think you're guaranteed a factory new unit, so back up your SD card before you go in to do it. but if you absolutely cannot live with a refurb, then make sure you turn it in before the 30 day window. My droid developed a stuck pixel about a month and a half after I had it, so I'm rolling the dice to get a refurb hopefully with a less obnoxious defect ( if any)

OP
L

lyam

Reaction score
Good to know. My issue is the external speaker seems to have developed an issue with audio quality. When a sound plays, you can hear electronic 'fuzz' underneath the sound. It's at a constant level, so you can hear it more when the volume is low. It's particularly noticeable when sounds controlled by the 'Media' volume are being played, though it's there during all sounds.

It's really not a deal breaker, but I'm worried that it could develop into something worse down the line.

EDIT - And my 30 day window is up on the 13th. Cutting it close... :)

Mayhew

Reaction score
I Had to Replace

I sent my Droid back because my contacts were being deleted several times a day. A Google sync brought them back within a few minutes, but it was the most annoying thing I have ever encountered. Verizon was very helpful when I described the problem. The rep specified that my new device would ship from a different facility. It arrived last week - brand new. They even threw in a couple of packs of screen protectors for my troubles. So far so good. Seems to be rock solid (knock on wood).

solorca

Reaction score
I noticed a tiny little scratch in the middle of the glass. I know it was there when I got the phone, but I"ve had it about a week and a half now. Would they exchange it within the 30 day window because of that, or would they claim that I did it myself?

Also, if you ordered over the phone, can you return it in the store?

Reaction score
I had an issue with the 3.5mm jack, took it in, they confirmed the issue, and then helped me setup a new phone on the spot. As long as you stay nice, I've found reps to be very helpful. Just ask if you can swap out the sd card and they will gladly do it.

LT*

Reaction score
I had to return my first one for a broken proximity sensor. I had bought mine online, and brought it to a store to swap it out. They tried to tell me that since I had bought it online that I would have to pay $100.00 and then I would get a $100.00 Visa card. After telling them no way that was happening, the manager was able to override it in the system. They exchanged the sd card and I was on my way.

BiGJaYDROID

Reaction score
back in the beginning of November I had my Droid for 3 days and it kept rebooting and rebooting oh and did I mentiong rebooting.... so i took it back to the store and got a new one now i have no problems best phone on the market hand down. It was funny though cuz the vzw rep had no idea about the phone or google or gmail and she was like we arent going to be able to port your contacts or any thing over. so i said no prob minute i entered my gmail acct info everything popped back up contacts and pics etc...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reboot and reboot and reboot. That's what mine did too, except it was over 30 days old. Still, they gave me no grief and gave me another phone. "like-new" ....certified even:) They'll do that for up to a year. The replacement has a slightly looser keyboard but a tighter battery cover. The old cover I used a piece of scotch tape to prevent it from sliding off when taking it out of my pocket and this one doesn't need the tape. The first one, when I tapped the screen you heard no noise. This one there is a clackety clack as the 2 slider parts click together. If the first one was like that I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I returned my phone for a replacement within my 30 days. I did mine online, received my phone and same day sent the... can't stop rebooting.... one back. Tracking shows Verizon received it on Jam 11. Told me after they received it whiten 10 business days they would credit my account (they received it in 3). After calling back and forth a bunch of times, they finally found the phone yesterday, and they said the credit will be added to my account in one to two billing cycles, which to my understanding could mean 3 months from the time they first received the phone to get my account back to normal. I even had to call today to get the late fee refunded, caused by the equipment charge So I will have call and get a late fee refund, every billing cycle until this is taken off. :dry: