Has anyone else's power/unlock button ever broke?

Quacktastic

Reaction score
I was wondering if this was a common problem. My unlock button suddenly stopped clicking. There was nothing in particular that brought it on, just heavy use. It is still operational, I just have to push the button really hard. I've had my Droid since January of last year, so it has only been about a year and a half into its life.

Is there an easy fix that anyone knows? This brings up a strange situation for me. I really wanted to wait until the Bionic came out (hopefully August) to replace my Droid, but I don't know my options if it were to fail soon. Would I have to pay for a replacement phone if I had a hardware failure?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Man I didnt think about this, my volume down button stopped working, but I didnt think twice about it and canceled my insurance. Do you think I could have gotten a new one? And I think its impressive that the lock buttons down break more often, considering they get pressed probably 10,000 times a month. ( Just throwing a number out there considering i used 3500 texts last month)

tennvol

Reaction score
Mine d1 did this about a year after I got it. I decided I wanted a qwerty portrait keyboard and went with the pro

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

cloud12077

Reaction score
Funny you bring this up. My power button just stopped clicking yesterday morning and I also have to push it multiple times or really hard just to get it to register now. I twitted about it @Motorola. I doubt I'll ever get a reply.