Has anyone else recived this in the mail

mentalchaos

Reaction score
I just got this promo like ad in the mail saying that I'm able to chose any 4G LTE smartphone for free.
I've called 3 different verizon numbers, none of them seem to know what I'm talking about. There is a number on the ad 1.800.261.1694, but they are closed at this time. If someone has tried this offer let me know how it went. My upgrade isn't until August, so I'm assuming this wouldn't be free for me.
View attachment 49217

View attachment 49216

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I didn't get anything, seems to be only for your account (assuming that's what your number ends in). If I were you I'd take advantage:biggrin:

Chukee

Reaction score
Verizon has been upgrading people from 3g phones for bout a month. Even if their contract isnt up. Just call that number when they open.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Verizon has been upgrading people from 3g phones for bout a month. Even if their contract isnt up. Just call that number when they open.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

This is true. They sent me a razr maxx, I got it today, so now I have two maxx's, and a bionic on my account. And also a dx2.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
mentalchaos

mentalchaos

Reaction score
Okays I called the number on the ad, and its a free 4g phone no strings attached. If pick a phone before the 22nd of the month they will wave the $20 upgrade fee.
I will have to pay the new $30 fee, if pick I pick a phone after the 22nd. The offer ends after the end of May.
Should I wait for new phones to come out?

???

Reaction score
i have a feeling there's nothing new dropping on verizon by the end of may, but i could be wrong. i'd get a nexus or a maxx cause i doubt the s3 will come to verizon at all and even if its announced on may 3 like the rumor, seeing it in stores by the end of may might be hoping for a lot.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Okays I called the number on the ad, and its a free 4g phone no strings attached. If pick a phone before the 22nd of the month they will wave the $20 upgrade fee.
I will have to pay the new $30 fee, if pick I pick a phone after the 22nd. The offer ends after the end of May.
Should I wait for new phones to come out?

You could wait for the Fighter or the upcoming Incredible 4G. Though, TBH verizon has a fairly decent handset selection out now. Let's just say, you wouldn't be settling for less, or regretting anything.

cerogers1202

Reaction score
I received mine yesterday, went in to my nearest store, and yes, it is real. I had been looking online for the past week, chatting with reps, everything trying to get my phone upgraded from the dx2, which has been giving me fits for the past couple months, ever since google fixed me the market problem. No luck getting any discounts or upgrades, despite being a customer for 10 yrs and bringing 6 family members over too from at&t. Then I get this, go in, and now I have a $650.00 Droid Razr Maxx on its way to me for free. Tracking # emailed to me and delivery by Fedex expected monday, 4-23-12. Would have got it immediately in person, but the store and every store within 30 miles was out of stock. So I have to wait, but I did not have to spend a cent. Not even the $20 upgrade fee or shipping.

Bottome line, it is real, go use it.

meishkov

Reaction score
Holy crap man that's crazy. I wish I would get some ish like that in the mail from Big Red. I was gonna say that thing looks pretty legit I'd just take it in the store and be like give me my phone fool. If I get one. I should've upgraded to Nexus on Xmas now I feel like it's way too late for me to get it. Gotta wait til summertime, that S3 would be pretty sick if it holds true. But yea might not come to VZ. I'm always hoping Marlboro will send me some coupons for Reds but they never do these cheap redneck bastards.

OP
mentalchaos

mentalchaos

Reaction score
I received mine yesterday, went in to my nearest store, and yes, it is real. I had been looking online for the past week, chatting with reps, everything trying to get my phone upgraded from the dx2, which has been giving me fits for the past couple months, ever since google fixed me the market problem. No luck getting any discounts or upgrades, despite being a customer for 10 yrs and bringing 6 family members over too from at&t. Then I get this, go in, and now I have a $650.00 Droid Razr Maxx on its way to me for free. Tracking # emailed to me and delivery by Fedex expected monday, 4-23-12. Would have got it immediately in person, but the store and every store within 30 miles was out of stock. So I have to wait, but I did not have to spend a cent. Not even the $20 upgrade fee or shipping
Bottome line, it is real, go use it.

So they don't even charge for the LTE sim?

I'm going to wait it out as long as I can. I have until the end of May. I'm just hoping verizon gets a quadcore phone before then.

If not I will get the Maxx, or if the the Incredible 4g comes out on the 26th like everyone is saying I will get that. I'm fine with paying the $30 upgrade fee for a $300 phone.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So they don't even charge for the LTE sim?

I'm going to wait it out as long as I can. I have until the end of May. I'm just hoping verizon gets a quadcore phone before then.

If not I will get the Maxx, or if the the Incredible 4g comes out on the 26th like everyone is saying I will get that. I'm fine with paying the $30 upgrade fee for a $300 phone.

No they don't charge for the simcard. My new maxx was TOTALLY free. I didn't know I could wait but it doesn't matter, when a other phone comes out that I want, I'll buy it lol. No biggy.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Mike20878

Reaction score
I googled the number someone posted in another forum and it led me here. I have not seen that promo in the mail, unfortunately. This guy said he got the Razr Maxx for $30 off for NE2 (I assume his last time since they discontinued it) and $100 off for a 3G > 4G upgrade. So he said the price in the end was $69 plus the $30 upgrade fee, or $99. I would jump on the Maxx if I could get it for that price I think. I was thinking I'd wait for the Fighter (aka Razr HD?) but who knows when that will come out.

I'll try calling the number and see if I'm eligible.