Has anyone else not had ANY problems with their Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Daywalker, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Daywalker

Daywalker New Member

I had one or two questions at first about videos.

Only time my battery has been out is because I was putting a fully charged one.
    I did get a new door because it "felt" loose but never came off so actually the original is back on there.
    I have had it pretty much since launch (think I got it that Sunday)
    My battery lasts all day easy.
    Call quality is fantastic.
    I have recommended it to several friends and theirs been good too

I just keep coming here and reading horror story after horror story.

Are me and my friends just lucky?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

No. That's the experience the majority of us have.

Consider this: Many of these complaints are just duplicate threads. In these threads quite often there is an explanation for the problem. Generally it boils down to good old user error.

Also to consider, if two people go out to dinner and they enjoy the restaurant they will tell two other people. But if they don't enjoy it they will tell 10. Well, in many ways the internet and forums are very much like that. That's why you don't see as many I love my Droid threads.

I visit the forum frequently and I can tell you there are many people who have never had a problem with their Droids. So you're not lucky, you're just normal.:)
  3. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

Only had mine about a month. No real problems or glitches of any kind so far. Slide out screen is nice and tight, battery door fits snugly, battery lasts a full day easy, even with what I'd call heavy use, great reception and call quality, dropped it twice with no damage other than a small scuff mark, only had to force stop an app once, etc, etc, etc. For the record, I only have 6 apps, no current widgets, no home screen replacements, and unrooted.

Edit: and I agree with Hook 100% about the fact that it's almost always the unhappy people who make the most noise.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

^^^ +++ Same here. Ordered mine on release date, and really no problems whatsoever. As has been posted, there's always more noise when someone gets upset about something than when they're happy about it. After all, when you get angry, you start YELLING! Do you yell when something doesn't make you angry? lol.:)
  5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

^^++ to all the above. I've had some minor annoyances with the features (or occasional lack of) but overall the device is solid. You also need to remember that even if EVERY person on this forum has a problem that would still only be a small percentage of the actual units sold. Combined with the fact users here are more likely, IMHO to have an issue because of their desire to tinker and push the device to it's 'breaking point.' All said Moto and VZW did a hell of a job on phone.:icon_ banana: Especially for what is likely to be a v1 of a whole product line.
  6. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

My Droid has been flawless too. The only time I run into problems are because I am behind them, like by installing programs that stink, like different Home applications that slow it down. These Moto Droid phones are 1,000 times better at launch than the BB Storm was I can guarantee you that.
  7. Guchi

Guchi New Member

only problems i created like breaking it and messing up a rom install.....
    but no the device is superb!
  8. toddegreene

toddegreene Member

I'm afraid to say for fear of jinxing my Droid. The only problems I've had are unruly apps, and that's my fault for wanting to try everything.
  9. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

only issue i had was with it getting bogged down.. BUT it was because i had nearly every home replacement app on the market running with widgets on all of them. i was more or less trying them all out at once. my bad. back to Home++ and smooth sailing as usual.

so +1 to a perfectly functional device. ;)
  10. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

No problems where the phone is to blame. Only things I did not know how to get the phone to do. Only some pilot errors. Very happy with the phone.:)
  11. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Had mine for over two months. Add me to the list. I've had the same experience that others have already stated. My only problems so far have been with apps not up to par. The phone itself is a champ! (And much more like what I expected the G1 to be like when I got IT shortly after launch.)
  12. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

Mine works great! Had it since release day.
  13. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i've had no real issues with mine. is it perfect? nope, but i'm very happy with it overall.
  14. Jjwilliams

Jjwilliams New Member

Lost my battery door
    for for 10 mins, when I found it I pushed tabs in ever so slightly, no problems since.
  15. Jebtrix

Jebtrix New Member

Had it since day one, absolutely love the phone. Only problem was like Jjwilliams with the dang loose battery door until I massaged it some. I'm surrounded at work with iphones but they all respect thy droid.
  16. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Just call or email Motorola about your battery cover. They will send you a new one for free. There is a thread about it that has a direct link to Motorola's support on it. I contacted them a week ago from yesterday and got my cover on Tuesday so they should still be doing it. Also I have an extra should they stop replacing them I will give it to someone as it was given to be before contacted Moto directly.
  17. netuser99

netuser99 New Member

I've had mine for about 6 weeks now and the only problem I'm having is that it just drops calls occassionally and it's not network related. As I am holding it against my cheek, it's like I hit the 'end call' button. The screen goes blank like it's supposed to, but the calls just drop. Weird. I haven't seen any other posts on here about that and the store said they've not gotten any other complaints like that.
  18. IronicMe

IronicMe New Member

i love my droid but right now it just keeps playing the start up screen over and over agian what do i do?
  19. unclebill

unclebill New Member

Like every computer device out there, you'll find some combination of stuff that will screw it up (you're kind of a beta tester in that respect). That's the bad news. The good news is that the Motorola Droid is very well engineered and the Android platform is very robust. Unless you give the phone a high voltage static shock or expose it to a magnetic field or drop it once too often, almost anything you do to it can be undone. Rule number one ... DON'T PANIC. Rule number two ... ASK FOR ADVICE. There are plenty of people out there in the "been there, done that" club.
  20. Mudd92

Mudd92 New Member

I havnt had any problems really, theres a few things that aggrivate and one time when a friend replied to a pic message it kept forcing close, but I just deleted his thread and has been fine since. It moves fast enough on mine, maybe the new update will make it better?
    Otherwise great phone for me, esp. being my first smartphone.
Search tags for this page

has any one else had problems with there htc from verizon?

has anyone had problems with the droid 4