Has anyone else not had ANY problems with their Droid?

Daywalker

Reaction score
I had one or two questions at first about videos.

Only time my battery has been out is because I was putting a fully charged one.
I did get a new door because it "felt" loose but never came off so actually the original is back on there.
I have had it pretty much since launch (think I got it that Sunday)
My battery lasts all day easy.
Call quality is fantastic.
I have recommended it to several friends and theirs been good too

I just keep coming here and reading horror story after horror story.

Are me and my friends just lucky?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had one or two questions at first about videos.

Only time my battery has been out is because I was putting a fully charged one.
I did get a new door because it "felt" loose but never came off so actually the original is back on there.
I have had it pretty much since launch (think I got it that Sunday)
My battery lasts all day easy.
Call quality is fantastic.
I have recommended it to several friends and theirs been good too

I just keep coming here and reading horror story after horror story.

Are me and my friends just lucky?

No. That's the experience the majority of us have.

Consider this: Many of these complaints are just duplicate threads. In these threads quite often there is an explanation for the problem. Generally it boils down to good old user error.

Also to consider, if two people go out to dinner and they enjoy the restaurant they will tell two other people. But if they don't enjoy it they will tell 10. Well, in many ways the internet and forums are very much like that. That's why you don't see as many I love my Droid threads.

I visit the forum frequently and I can tell you there are many people who have never had a problem with their Droids. So you're not lucky, you're just normal.:)

ShowTime

Reaction score
Only had mine about a month. No real problems or glitches of any kind so far. Slide out screen is nice and tight, battery door fits snugly, battery lasts a full day easy, even with what I'd call heavy use, great reception and call quality, dropped it twice with no damage other than a small scuff mark, only had to force stop an app once, etc, etc, etc. For the record, I only have 6 apps, no current widgets, no home screen replacements, and unrooted.

Edit: and I agree with Hook 100% about the fact that it's almost always the unhappy people who make the most noise.

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
^^^ +++ Same here. Ordered mine on release date, and really no problems whatsoever. As has been posted, there's always more noise when someone gets upset about something than when they're happy about it. After all, when you get angry, you start YELLING! Do you yell when something doesn't make you angry? lol.:)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^++ to all the above. I've had some minor annoyances with the features (or occasional lack of) but overall the device is solid. You also need to remember that even if EVERY person on this forum has a problem that would still only be a small percentage of the actual units sold. Combined with the fact users here are more likely, IMHO to have an issue because of their desire to tinker and push the device to it's 'breaking point.' All said Moto and VZW did a hell of a job on phone.:icon_ banana: Especially for what is likely to be a v1 of a whole product line.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Droid has been flawless too. The only time I run into problems are because I am behind them, like by installing programs that stink, like different Home applications that slow it down. These Moto Droid phones are 1,000 times better at launch than the BB Storm was I can guarantee you that.

Guchi

Reaction score
only problems i created like breaking it and messing up a rom install.....
but no the device is superb!

toddegreene

Reaction score
I'm afraid to say for fear of jinxing my Droid. The only problems I've had are unruly apps, and that's my fault for wanting to try everything.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
only issue i had was with it getting bogged down.. BUT it was because i had nearly every home replacement app on the market running with widgets on all of them. i was more or less trying them all out at once. my bad. back to Home++ and smooth sailing as usual.

so +1 to a perfectly functional device. ;)

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
No problems where the phone is to blame. Only things I did not know how to get the phone to do. Only some pilot errors. Very happy with the phone.:)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Had mine for over two months. Add me to the list. I've had the same experience that others have already stated. My only problems so far have been with apps not up to par. The phone itself is a champ! (And much more like what I expected the G1 to be like when I got IT shortly after launch.)

jasonb

Reaction score
i've had no real issues with mine. is it perfect? nope, but i'm very happy with it overall.

Jjwilliams

Reaction score
Lost my battery door
for for 10 mins, when I found it I pushed tabs in ever so slightly, no problems since.

Jebtrix

Reaction score
Had it since day one, absolutely love the phone. Only problem was like Jjwilliams with the dang loose battery door until I massaged it some. I'm surrounded at work with iphones but they all respect thy droid.