Has anyone else heard about this?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by justin.suchacek, May 22, 2010.

1. justin.suchacek

justin.suchacek New Member

2. borgey401

borgey401 New Member

well i am seeing people saying it's legit. that they have actually got the OTA. I wouldn't doubt it because it's google who controls the phone so they don't have to have anyone else test it.
  3. justin.suchacek

justin.suchacek New Member

It would be great if one of those people would be nice enough to upload it to this website. I'm just surprised seeing as Google said it wouldn't be pushed out for a few weeks.
  4. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

I'm not sure if that's accurate. The moto droid is a google phone too and updates have to go through motorola as well as verizon to be pushed out. The nexus one would go through HTC and then Tmobile or whatever carrier.

google itself does not do the OTA they merely put the source code out for the carriers/manufacturers and then in a few weeks us peasants =( I say we should have source access at the same time.

I've only heard of two people saying they have gotten it so far and both were from tech blogs. I'm thinking they just did what I think chris soyars did and put a hacked sdk version on the phone to just make it look like they got the ota? I'm not sure. seems way too soon.
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
  5. droidweb

droidweb New Member

If I get the update, I'm on it