Has anyone been using any floating apps?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Galaxy Tab has a few built in apps that float over the screen while other things are open but Samsung decided which ones.
I've gotten a couple on my phone that have been very handy and really enjoy this new step in true multi task ability Android is going in. Though not free, Overskreen browser has become my default and Aircalc is my default calculator, and it was free. Both can be resized while using from a very small area to full screen or even minimized like desktop programs.
There are more available but I haven't tried any others yet.
Has anyone else started making use of floating apps on their Rezound yet?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you copy things from another open window into the "floating" window? If not I can't really see the point.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you mean something like dragging the highlighted text onto this thread, heres an example below from the screenshot
Figure 1: Charge stages of lithium-ion. Li-ion is fully charged when the current drops to a predetermined

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio

Reaction score
It's not a floating app per se, but I highly recommend swypepad. It lets you choose a target area of your screen (mine is where the clock is). Any time you touch and hold that part of the screen for a second, it brings up a menu of apps that you set so you can open any of them from anywhere, with ease. I love it.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign is sort of like that. Tap the icon and the entire top and bottom halves of the screen become a place to do a user set gesture for contacts to either call or message. You can set what each half initiates as well. It overlays the wallpaper and remains transparent except for the translucent part for showing what is what.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post