Has anyone been pulled over for watching football while driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
p

lease let us know where you live (city) so we can avoid your town.

Im in everytown :p

Or my certified body double who does things the exact same way as me, just isnt on this thread talking about it...lol

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

Reaction score
No, but I underatand why someone would be pulled over for it.

Many in-dash entertainment systems have to be wired so that video capabilities are disabled unless the parking brake is set.

1ceFiend

Reaction score
Have you ever heard the saying, 2 wrongs don't make a right? Just because someone else is doing the wrong thing doesn't mean you can't do the right thing. But you're just justifying it to yourself with these excuses. You may be able to drive just fun while texting, but you will be less attentive to other stupid people around. Called defensive driving... I used to text while driving. Never had any incidents. Then I smartened up and realized, better safe than sorry.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
No, but I underatand why someone would be pulled over for it.

Many in-dash entertainment systems have to be wired so that video capabilities are disabled unless the parking brake is set.

That is the easiest workaround though...dont be naive to think you cant bypass that. Even if all you do is click your emergency brake 1 click

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
And like i said before...dont judge me as a hitler type monster for refusing to give up my distraction when truth is....you have just as many, albeit different, distractions.

I certainly don't view you as a Hitler type monster for texting while driving, I do however think it is a foolish thing to do. But I think your argument about children in the backseat doesn't really hold up. Yes children are absolutely a distraction, I won't argue that but sometimes you can't help what they do. However, you can always not text and drive.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
And like i said before...dont judge me as a hitler type monster for refusing to give up my distraction when truth is....you have just as many, albeit different, distractions.

Im no more distracted than you are on the road.....you may not text, but have kids in the car......to me, its equal to me texting without kids in the car because i dont have kids while you may.
I dont have ac heater or a radio in my jeep......3 less distractions than you have.....
I never eat food in the jeep (mainly because it makes a mess with no doors) but again....im simply substituting my distraction for your distraction.

So who are you to say MY distraction is just so much worse than yours. Whatever those distractions may be....be it kids, be it a nagging wife who backseat drives, be it messing with your radio and climate controls.

I'm not saying mine is less then yours, or yours is more then mine. I was talking to your statement that the laws are unnecessary, and the fact that you bought up your spotless driving record.

My point is that it doesn't matter if my distraction is playing football with the guy in the car next to me while driving, or glancing at my kids in the rearview. You're speaking as if it is impossible for something to happen simply because you have a spotless record. Simply not the case. My argument to the OP is you shouldn't do it because it only takes a second for something to happen. Your argument is "feel free to do it, everyone does it and what you're doing is no worse then anything else so don't worry about it".

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Have you ever heard the saying, 2 wrongs don't make a right? Just because someone else is doing the wrong thing doesn't mean you can't do the right thing. But you're just justifying it to yourself with these excuses. You may be able to drive just fun while texting, but you will be less attentive to other stupid people around. Called defensive driving... I used to text while driving. Never had any incidents. Then I smartened up and realized, better safe than sorry.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Im not texting BECAUSE another guy is doing it and getting away with it....im simply substituting a distraction you have that i dont. We are equally as distracted on the road....mine is simply by texting while yours may be from any of the other issues that i previously mentioned. And i am a very defensive driver....even prior to cellphones, i just always have been. I dont even speed. (Which i wonder how many holier than thou on here who are trying to bash me for texting but speed....another behavior i substitute for)

So keep bashing....i am willing to put my driving record and creditials up against anyone in this thread or north america in general that i have less tickets and wrecks than you do so the only peolle im willing to take driving advice from at this point in my life are stunt car drivers....or nascar or indy drivers

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im not texting BECAUSE another guy is doing it and getting away with it....im simply substituting a distraction you have that i dont. We are equally as distracted on the road....mine is simply by texting while yours may be from any of the other issues that i previously mentioned. And i am a very defensive driver....even prior to cellphones, i just always have been. I dont even speed. (Which i wonder how many holier than thou on here who are trying to bash me for texting but speed....another behavior i substitute for)

So keep bashing....i am willing to put my driving record and creditials up against anyone in this thread or north america in general that i have less tickets and wrecks than you do so the only peolle im willing to take driving advice from at this point in my life are stunt car drivers....or nascar or indy drivers

Well this would imply 0 tickets and 0 wrecks right? haha...cuz i'm sure there is someone else in north america that has the same...haha

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

wow...........

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I think we have gained all the useful information we can from this thread so I'm gonna close it before it turns into something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.