Has anyone been able to buy the D3 in store?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by ocbooger, Jul 14, 2011.

1. TDevilsG

TDevilsG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just stopped by the Verizon store at 42nd and 5th. Picked up a new screen protector, case, and extended battery for $50 bucks with my 25% off discount. Not bad at all. Anyway, I saw three other people pick up the actual phone itself when I was there. So I guess its selling a lot better than I originally expected it to with the lack of marketing.

2. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could gently lull a baby to sleep in the store in Rochester, NY today @ noon.

3. recDNA

recDNA Member

Ratings:
    +10
    If only it had LTE

4. NoBloatware

NoBloatware Member

Ratings:
    +11
    As someone in another thread pointed out, the phone loads pages really quickly. 3G is actually quite fast. Older phones spend a lot of time rendering pages. Also, 4G currently seems to be a battery hog so maybe not worth it unless you're plugged in.

5. Tuffin

Tuffin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just picked mine up in Auroa, CO. They didnt have it on display and had no accessorys (except for a blue case and screen protectors). 149.99

6. ocbooger

ocbooger New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ended up finding it a store by my house.... Pretty funny though because the guy I usually deal with at my work was filling in at that store today. Held off on getting it until tomorrow when he's back at his normal store. Said he would try and hook me up with some goodies.

Bamf sense 3.0 RC4 with MR2 radio

7. VandyDroid

VandyDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love, love, love my D3!!!! I got it yesterday and just love everything about it so far!! I am still learning though....:)

8. ocbooger

ocbooger New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Thunderbolt and usually get 6-8 hours off of full charge with average use, 4G will kill the battery a lot faster though. As with any smartphone these days though battery life will always be an issue.

Bamf sense 3.0 RC4 with MR2 radio

9. pedromartinez

pedromartinez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not Until We're Out of Droid 2s

I went to the store today, searched around for the Droid 3--nowhere in sight. So I played with some of the phones for a bit until a representative asked me if I needed help. I asked, "Do you have any Droid 3's?" Her response was, "No, we don't have any and we won't be selling any until we sell all of the Droid 2's." I'm thinking to myself, "Wow? Are they allowed to do that?" This was a Verizon Store in Alexandria, VA.

10. TDevilsG

TDevilsG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's awful. They seem to be in the business of losing money. Grab a Droid 3 off the Verizon website, pronto!

11. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Wow, that really sucks. After reading some of these comments about peoples stores not having them, I was scared mine would either. Especially since my city/state being Lincoln, NE. But, they did so I lucked out. Some people are saying it's 149.99 displayed though mine showed 199.99(picture I took below of the price after activating my phone). But, I still got my business discount with it so got that, a screen protector, and case for 187. If only my brother wasn't the one with the NE2.. woulda been a cheap phone.

[​IMG]

#23 BenLand150, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  12. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bought mine in store yesterday :) so far am super pleased the sign i saw said 199 but i got it for 150 due to my corp discount :) gotta love work! haha