Has anyone able to disable Haptic feedback?

Santa

Reaction score
i have tried the setting and it still gives me the haptic feedback.. is there any other conflicting setting making this not go away?

Also any one know how we can control the sensitiveness of screen touch..?

Angry Bill

Reaction score
If youre talking about the haptic feedback from the four side menu buttons, and when you hold click on an icon to move it... no. I too have turned the feedback off to no avail. I'm pretty sure that haptic feedback checkbox only disables a portion of the feedbacks. I'd be happy to disable them all as the vibration only eats battery power IMO. I don't need any feel feedback.

OP
S

Santa

Reaction score
If youre talking about the haptic feedback from the four side menu buttons, and when you hold click on an icon to move it... no. I too have turned the feedback off to no avail. I'm pretty sure that haptic feedback checkbox only disables a portion of the feedbacks. I'd be happy to disable them all as the vibration only eats battery power IMO. I don't need any feel feedback.

Exactly I want to see if it improves battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

i am not entirely sure, but i believe hearing that the haptic was somehow linked to the lockscreen.

there are some lockscreens for D2 that can reduce it, but not remove it. hoewver, it doesnt consume enough battery to notice a difference

mguel

Reaction score
I hate haptic feedback... since using Milestone (1) I wanted to remove the haptic for the unclock screen... and now on Droid 2 I also have it on the buttons!

zero7404

Reaction score
Folks, there is no software setting, but I have come up with a "fix" that works 100% and is completely reversible.

Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...top-vibrating-when-i-push-every-button-2.html.

dont think many would be willing to disassemble their phones to eliminate haptic feedback for certain ui functions ....

nice writeup, but despite not really wanting haptic feedback ill opt to live with it. ive taken apart similar phones and some parts of them are simply adhesived into place. unlike a screw, reinstalling something that was glued on isnt going to be exactly as it was before it was peeled. theres also some ribbon cables in there that need to go back on properly ....

ive done both laptops and smartphones, they require special tools and patience and skill

posted via android

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Folks, there is no software setting, but I have come up with a "fix" that works 100% and is completely reversible.

Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...top-vibrating-when-i-push-every-button-2.html.

dont think many would be willing to disassemble their phones to eliminate haptic feedback for certain ui functions ....

nice writeup, but despite not really wanting haptic feedback ill opt to live with it. ive taken apart similar phones and some parts of them are simply adhesived into place. unlike a screw, reinstalling something that was glued on isnt going to be exactly as it was before it was peeled. theres also some ribbon cables in there that need to go back on properly ....

ive done both laptops and smartphones, they require special tools and patience and skill

posted via android

That's just the point...there is no disassembly required. The motor and impeller are immediately visible and accessible from the battery compartment. No tools required, no damage, no removal of anything other than the battery cover and battery.

zero7404

Reaction score
sorry ... read the first few paragraphs and concluded disassembly ....

this will prevent all vibration, but the op just wants to stop haptic feedback for interactions other than ringing ....

posted via android

foxky

Reaction score
you cant turn it all the way off as far as I know, but it doesn't consume enough battery to make a difference whether you turn it on or off.

tapped on my LibX 1.5

tecwizrd

Reaction score
What about removing the module for vibration or haptic from the kernel?

zero7404

Reaction score

in the market theres an app called ringer mode toggler widget. it can set the phone to silent without vibrate.

posted via android

D

dankarlinski

That's always an option, but with the way everything is locked down, that might not be do able, or un-do able.

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)

zero7404

Reaction score
vibrate is a core feature of every mobile phone. so modifying kernels & other deep changes to the phone are probably never going to come from OEM's ....

the simplest and fastest way to eliminate vibrate all together is to turn off all vibrate features for the standard audible settings for when you want to hear the phone ring. when you don't, get the app i mentioned above and use it, it eradicates vibrate when you set it to silent.

Reaction score
vibrate is a core feature of every mobile phone. so modifying kernels & other deep changes to the phone are probably never going to come from OEM's ....

the simplest and fastest way to eliminate vibrate all together is to turn off all vibrate features for the standard audible settings for when you want to hear the phone ring. when you don't, get the app i mentioned above and use it, it eradicates vibrate when you set it to silent.

Did you even read what he wanted? He wants ALL haptic feedback gone. Which doesn't happen, even when you set all the vibrate settings to off. You can't get rid of it on these phones without modifying/removing the impeller itself.