has anybody recieved the ota today?

wdprice3

Reaction score
Last edited:

sjason73

Reaction score
There might be 50 threads involving ICS and tips and tricks, 20 page sticky for ICS

I WANT ICS ! ! ! ! ! So I am new RAZR owner is there a support page for download? Or will my check for software update
finally be initiated? Tomorrow that is...

Last edited:

wdprice3

Reaction score
There might be 50 threads involving ICS and tips and tricks, 20 page sticky for ICS

I WANT ICS ! ! ! ! ! So I am new RAZR owner is there a support page for download? Or will my check for software update
finally be initiated? Tomorrow that is...

See my post above yours. Yes, there is a leaked version available for immediate download, that is supposedly the same as the version being pushed. However, this is a complete manual installation with specific steps to take. You could brick (ruin) your device by doing it, void your warranty, and there is currently no way to undo the changes, so only do it if you are comfortable with the procedure and if it's worth the risk.

IMHO, it's not worth the time/effort/risk now, since ICS is currently being pushed and is supposedly to be released for manual pull tomorrow.

sjason73

Reaction score
Yeah Thanks wdprice3. I appreciate the information. I am not one to use any leaks or even root any of my Android devices.
And as you stated the official version will be here soon enough now. I am gathering from your post that tomorrow
I will be able to try my phone update option and it will start the process. On my Asus Prime ICS there is a support
page for manual download directly from ASUS. Anyways..Thanks Again. Looking forward to ICS.

wdprice3

Reaction score
Yeah Thanks wdprice3. I appreciate the information. I am not one to use any leaks or even root any of my Android devices.
And as you stated the official version will be here soon enough now. I am gathering from your post that tomorrow
I will be able to try my phone update option and it will start the process. On my Asus Prime ICS there is a support
page for manual download directly from ASUS. Anyways..Thanks Again. Looking forward to ICS.

No problem. I'm not aware of a moto download page for phone OSs as they're normally pushed or manually pulled on the device by selecting 'system updates'.

There are seemingly trustworthy reports that the manual pull will be available tomorrow (Saturday, June 30th) via a tweet from a VZW rep; however, I can't say that's been confirmed by an official source. That being said, if it hasn't been pushed by tomorrow morning, try manually pulling a few times throughout the day and hopefully you'll be in luck!

Reaction score
sjason73 said:

You will it's well worth the wait

View attachment 51901

jch81

Reaction score
so is this going to be available at MIDNIGHT or what????

so the Verizon tech on twitter says. We all know how reliable they are. I highly doubt that anything will come of this, but that doesnt mean I wont stay up to see if it works:biggrin:

Reaction score
sjason73 said:
? ??? What do you mean? These are screen shots of your ICS er' what?

Ya when u get ics or if u already have it go into about phone and repeatedly hit android version and u will get the 1st screen shot i took then do a long press on him and its a bunch of droids flying around

RzRdroid89

Reaction score
Ya when u get ics or if u already have it go into about phone and repeatedly hit android version and u will get the 1st screen shot i took then do a long press on him and its a bunch of droids flying around

how can you do screen shot with droid Razr? Is it only with ICS? I'm still waiting for the update.