Has anybody else not received the 5.5.893 official update yet???

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Mine still hasn't gotten 5.5.893, and I'm still at 5.5.886.
I'm rooted, and forever rooted.

When I check for updates I just get
"Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later."

I've looked around a bit, and I see that there are many different ways of getting the 5.5.893 update on here, but not sure which is the best method.
Is there a method that will just do an update, or will my only choice be restoring a good backup once it's done?

I have a good Titanium backup and have also saved a copy of the current ROM with ClockworkMod Recovery, but it would be nice to find a method of updating to 5.5.893 that wouldn't have to include erasing everything and needing to restore it all from a backup.

Does anyone know if this method would work like I want it to?...
Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method - MyDroidWorld

Or is there one posted on this forum?

BIrONIC

Reaction score
OK.....I did find this thread here on this forum...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...rade-path-via-1-click-path-saver-p3droid.html

It looks like they did a lot of work to consolidate all of the related info, but oh my, it seems so convoluted at the moment (I'm a bit sleepy this afternoon). So, I think I will take another run at it tomorrow when I'm fresh.

If anyone has a simple answer to my question (that is, is there a way that I can get the 5.5.893 update without losing everything on the Bionic and needing to restore it all from backup?), please post up. :)

Tonik

Reaction score
The error you mention can sometimes be fixed by a power down, pull the Sim card, power up, back down then put the Sim back in.

If that does not work you will have to do a factory reset.

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Don't do that. That is major surgery on a phone that is off the upgrade path. Third or fourth post on this thread is just the update that you need. Download out and install it manually.

OK, cool.
It's just that, since it said this...

...If you're 100% stock, haven't rooted or...

...I was leary.
So, as long as I am only rooted, but haven't flashed anything yet, will I be OK?

Tonik

Reaction score
Rooting won't be a problem. If you deleted any bloatware that will cause it to error but won't break your phone. As long as you did the forever root you will stay rooted.

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Rooting won't be a problem. If you deleted any bloatware that will cause it to error but won't break your phone. As long as you did the forever root you will stay rooted.

Thanks.
I will give this a try a little later this morning, and let you know how it went.

BIrONIC

Reaction score
OK, it seems to have worked.
However, it's now at 5.8.894 instead of 5.5.893 which is what I thought this update was supposed to be.