1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hardware search button and search widget not working

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by APassivePoke, Sep 30, 2010.

1. APassivePoke

APassivePoke New Member

Hey everyone. I've been having trouble with searching on my Droid. I'm running Cyanogen Mod 6.0 and using QuickDesk with ADW Launcher.

When I press the hardware search button on the homescreen, it does absolutely nothing. I get the haptic feedback, and long pressing it will give me voice search, but just a regular press gets no response.

In other apps, such as Dolphin HD or Gmail, the search button works fine to bring up search for that particular app, but I remember at one point pressing it from the homescreen would give me a generic search. Now it does nothing.

I'm having a similar issue with the search widget. When I press it, it clicks like a button and doesn't give me a keyboard. When I press it and type with the hardware keyboard nothing happens.
  2. merge5

merge5 New Member

I'm having the same problem with Sapphire 1.1.1.
    Help would be appreciated
  3. DeeMat

DeeMat New Member

I was having the same issue and this is what I did from terminal:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

ln -s /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox*.apk /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

Reboot.
  4. merge5

merge5 New Member

Thank you very much! All is working now. I had to do something extra because the ln command kept telling me the file existed. I deleted the link in /system/app and also the .apk in /data/app. I then installed the .apk from here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...arch-app-now-search-button-doesnt-work-2.html

After this I followed your terminal commands and all worked well after reboot!

Thanks Again.
Search tags for this page

cyanagonmod haptic feedback

cyanogenmod not working search widget
google hardware search button android not working
google search button on phone not working
google search widget broken

google search widget not working

google search widget not working android

pressing search button on android does nothing