hardware question hope someone can help!?

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
So... My fiance and I have been wondering what the little mic hole on the back bottom right is for anybody know? We never even would have noticed it had we not gotten cases which made it a little more noticeable!

Sent from my cranberry DROID RAZR with SwiftKey 3 using Droid Forums :-D

jaye712

Reaction score
noobsterootster said:
So... My fiance and I have been wondering what the little mic hole on the back bottom right is for anybody know? We never even would have noticed it had we not gotten cases which made it a little more noticeable!

2nd voice Speaker i believe..but u do got a point,the cases i have has those holes in the middle instead of the bottom right which i nvr understood

#215 G.I JANE

OP
noobsterootster
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
You know... I'm hoping that it is a noise canceling mic that eliminates background noise in calls like the iPhone 5 just got... Another prime example of apple's inferiority to the droid universe!

jaye712

Reaction score
noobsterootster said:
You know... I'm hoping that it is a noise canceling mic that eliminates background noise in calls like the iPhone 5 just got... Another prime example of apple's inferiority to the droid universe!

Huh..interesting...u know,u might be right..ima Google this.i always thought it was a 2nd thing..
EDITED:u on point,ur right..
That is a microphone. It comes in handy for noise cancellation and taking videos.
#215 G.I JANE

Last edited:
OP
noobsterootster
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Yesssssssss!! Another feature that DROID had BEFORE the iPhone! They should never taken that bite out of the Apple seems like that's where all the good ideas must have been

jaye712

Reaction score
noobsterootster said:
Yesssssssss!! Another feature that DROID had BEFORE the iPhone! They should never taken that bite out of the Apple seems like that's where all the good ideas must have been

DROID 4life lol

#215 G.I JANE

OP
noobsterootster
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
My fiancee... Who was against droid... And seriously considered an iphone... Is in love with her new razr! Another droid life convert!

Gahndi said "Be the change you wish to see in the world"

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There should be 3 microphones, one facing forward (as you know), the other two facing rearward. The bottom one on the rear would be a dual-purpose mic, first when talking on the phone it serves as a noise cancelling microphone to source the surrounding background noise. The phone uses that noise as a reference and by comparing it with what comes through the front mic, it's able to cancel out some of the noise between the speech. There is also a third mic just below the flash at the top. If you look at the back of the phone, you'll see an elongated slot at the bottom of the Gray "mirrored" section on the top of the back side where the camera, flash and speaker are. This third mic is also used in noise cancelling, but is also a dual-purpose mic. In combination with the mic at the bottom, the two are the sound mics for video recording, and it will actually capture stereo sound by way of the dual mics.

Your audio recording options in Video are as follows:

Set sound recording options: Stereo, Wind Reduction, Concert, Balanced, or Front Facing. Balanced is a combination of the front facing and rear facing microphones so your voice can be recorded at a comparable level to those of the person(s) which you are taking video of.

OP
noobsterootster
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Foxkat... I'd just like to say I thoroughly enjoy reading all of your very informative posts they have helped me greatly so far and im sure they will more in the future I am currently on the final on cycle of my meter training which I never would have known about if not for you! I thank you kind sir!

Last edited:

jaye712

Reaction score
I dnt like iphones one bit,i like playin around my phone..welcome ur fiance to the family lol

Would that be cash or credit FOX?rofl

#215 G.I JANE

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Foxkat... I'd just like to say I thoroughly enjoy reading all of your very informative posts they have helped me greatly so far and im sure they will more in the future I am currently on the final on cycle of my meter training which I never would have known about if not for you! I thank you kind sir!

Awww, you make me blush!! :eek:

Thank you for being a valuable member and spreading the excitement of these awesome devices. Without people just like you who are not satisfied with the "status quo", this would be one boring world. I owe all my work and education to you and every other member who looks for information. There is very little else in life that I enjoy as much as empowering others with knowledge, and at the same time learning along the way. So keep asking, keep exploring, and most of all, keep participating in DroidForums!! :hail: